The Castle and the Guard Dog

Start from the beginning

 Ash was laid out on the hard wood floor bleeding from his chest. His face was pale and he was sweating. I shivered in fear. Luka was crouched next to him trying to get his attention but I knew he wasn’t going to get it.

 “Get some cold wet towels, and someone get me a first aid kit” I whispered as I rushed to Ashes side and looked into his eyes. Luka looked at me in anger.

 “What do you know” he growled. At this moment I didn’t care if I acted out of character, if I showed them a little bit of the true me. I glared back at him.

 “A lot more then you think. Now someone get me the things I asked for” my voice was strong and laced with anger. Luka stared at me in shock before nodding his head and one of his friends ran out of the living room. I sighed and slowly pulled up Ashes shirt to see a bullet wound in the right side of his chest. I tilted my head to the side and saw the silver glint of the bullet and sighed. It was a good thing it didn’t go all the way through his chest, but now I had to get the bullet out before I could sew him up. I looked over to a guy with dark blue hair that matched his eyes.

 “Can you cut his shirt away for me” I asked. He nodded and pulled out a knife from his boot. I tensed at seeing the weapon. I took a deep breath and tried to calm my racing heart and keep the flash backs at bay as he cut the shirt away. As soon as he was done another boy walked in with the first aid kit and Lukas father behind him carrying some cold wet towels. I nodded.

 “Now please everyone back up so I can see” I said. They all nodded, and everyone, even Luka, backed away. I took one of the towels and gently wiped the blood away so I could see the wound. I picked up the tweezers from the first aid kit and lowered them into the open gash on his chest and tried to get a hold on the bullet. My hands were shaking a little so my grip on the bullet slipped a few times before I was able to pull it out. As soon as I was done with that I pulled out a needle and thread, but as I was about to start sewing Ash up his voice caught my attention.

 “What are you doing” he asked in a scratchy voice. I looked over to see him staring at me with pain shining in his eyes.

 “I’m going to help you” I whispered. He nodded and watched as I started to sew him up. He hissed and his hand shot out to stop me. I looked over at him again.

 “Hey, you got to let me help you” I said. He nodded and slowly let go of my wrist and I started to sew again. My hair fell into my face and I tried to blow it away but it wasn’t going to move. I jumped slightly as I felt someone gently pull my hair back. I looked back to see Luka behind me holding my hair out of my face. I smiled softly at him before going back to work. After a while I put the needle up and sat back and sighed. My ribs hurt from straining to lean over him for so long.

 “Alright, he should be fine, but he does not get up till Sunday. That means he will rest in bed all day Saturday, is this understood” I demanded staring at each of the men in the room. They all nodded and I sighed, suddenly feeling really tired. I slowly stood up, but I became dizzy and stumbled. Someone caught me before I hit the ground. I looked up to see Luka looking down at me.

“I think I should go” I said. He shook his head.

 “You can’t” he mumbled. My eyes widened in fear.

 “Why not” I asked, my voice shaking. He sighed.

 “You know too much” he said. I backed away from him and shook my head.

 “I know how to keep a secret and I don’t even know what really happened. I won’t say anything but please just let me go” I said my voice shaking as I began to feel trapped. Luka tilted his head to the side and studied me for a moment, then sighed.

 “Fine, but one word to anyone and I’ll kill you” he threatened. I nodded and ran out of the house, not having any idea where I was going. I was just trying to get away.

 I walked the dark streets trying to find my way home. I didn’t have any idea where I was and I cursed myself for falling asleep in the car earlier. I jumped when someone honked at me. I turned to see a red truck pulled up on the curb behind me. I tensed, ready to run if I needed, but when the driver got out I sighed in relief and ran towards the truck.

 “Day” I said as I hugged him. He almost fell back as I tackled him. He laughed. His bright silver eyes the same color as mine, but his bright blond hair was a stark contrast to my dark brown hair. He smiled showing me straight perfect teeth.

 “Hey” he whispered. Day was the one person I trusted. He knew everything in my past and still stayed with me. He was my rock and I loved him for it. He was like a brother to me.

“What are you doing out here” he asked. I sighed.

 “Um…can I tell you after you drive me home” I asked as I hopped into his truck. He chuckled.

 “Sure” he said as he got into the truck as well. He began driving towards my house.

 “So…how long are you staying” I asked. He chuckled again.

 “I’ve moved back for your senior year. You’re such with me till you graduate” he said. I squealed and jumped up and down in my seat. Forgetting about the pain in my ribs for a few minutes.

 “That’s amazing” I said. He nodded.

 “Now tell me everything I’ve missed” he said.

 “Everything” I asked in a small voice. He looked over at me for a second.

 “Yes, everything” he said. I sighed but nodded and began to tell him about Luka and his gang and the project I had to do. He sighed and I knew from the look on his face that this was going to be a long night.

 “No sleep for me” I whispered and Day chuckled.

 “You got that right missy” he said. We both laughed, and for the first time in a while my smile was real, and it felt amazing.

hey guys I was wondering if ya'll like the book?? i'm still kinda new to wrighting and would love some feed back on how the bood is and pointers on what I could work on. Thanks :)