Chapter Twelve - Fight for our lives

"It's too late, Its too late!" Lord Rhoop exclaimed. Of course Edmund had to think of the fairy story that he had been told, out of all the things to come to his mind it had to be this.

"It's gone under the boat" One of the men stated

"Gael!" Lucy screamed a giant sea serpent raised from the water, Gael screamed . i took out one of my arrows while Lucy pulled Gael away i aimed but before i could fire Eustace came in and breathed fire on it. Both him and Reep tried to help but all that did was make it worse. The serpent thrashed about hitting different  parts of the ship. I tried to get a good aim but it was moving about to much.

"oh what i'd give for Telmarine's on horse back" i mumbled. Finally the serpent threw Eustace off and using his wings he tried to go in for another round i ran to side of the ship and watched as the serpent and Eustace fought.

"You just had to think of a sea serpent didn't you Ed" i looked at my husband

"i said i was sorry. someone tells you not to think of your fear and you automatically do it." The serpent threw Eustace onto a bolder and went to give the final attack but my cousin in law breathed fire at him.

"come on Eustace come on" The serpent dived back into the water.

"out creature" Lord Rhoop he threw the last sword at Eustace

"we're doomed doomed turn this ship around" he went up to the poop deck and i followed he tried to take the wheel but i punched him and knocked him out.

"that is for throwing our only hope at a helpful dragon" i huffed, i went back down

"you just hit a Lord" Cas was opened mouthed

"no i just hit a pain in the arse. Besides threw the sword at Eustace, He's turned into a loon and  he was driving me insane. As if we haven't got enough to deal with." I retorted sassily at him. We didn't have time for the Lords antics, I'm sure he would be taken care of later but we had bigger problems.

"now crew to your rowing positions. Oars at double speed" Drinian ordered

"its not over yet" i declared

"what do you mean" Cas asked. There was a squark and seagull passed . Then the serpent rose back up and flew over across the deck i saw it was about to hit Alessandra. So i ran and pulled her out of the way. It wrapped itself round the ship and tried to crush it.

"Ed! Georgia!" we looked up to Caspian

"We'll ram the serpent smash him on the rock."

"steer her port all keep her on the prowl" Ed shouted and ran off.

"stay with Caspian" i ordered Lessa and went to find Lucy when i did she was running up the stairs with Susan's bow and arrow.

"Lucy we need to use our arrows try and blind him" i told her we looked back. the serpent bit part of the dragons face where Ed was.

"Edmund!" i screamed

"no" Lucy yelled

"We have to do it now" i yelled readying my bow and aiming for one of the eyes we let go and sent them flying through the air right wear it hurt.

"Brace yourselves" Caspian yelled then rammed it into the rock. I could see that Ed had survived the first attack but was knocked down. i ran to help him up.

"thank Aslan you're okay" i breathed and hugged him. The moment was short lived when we heard the serpent hissing.

"Move!" i heard Caspian and Alessandra yell. Yet before anything it came to attack and we were both knocked away. It was Caspian he grabbed a sword and chopped off one of its tentacles making it back away in pain. I saw that the tentacle dissolved away into mist.

"we can beat this" he stated it started going for the forecastle

"we have to get closer" Ed stated

"ready to finish this?" he asked me holding his hand out.

"together" i took it and we ran off.

"ready the harpoons" Caspian yelled. With his arm around my waist and we holding onto him we grabbed one of the lines and swung ourselves round to clims up a rope ladder. We climbed to the forecastle and stood. Caspian was bringing its head down but on the first try it knocked Ed.

"come on Ed" i helped him up. He stopped short as he looked at something behind me i knew that the mist was trying to stop him and i think it was using the white witch to do it.

"Edmund! Georgia! Do it!" yelled Caspian.

"Ed snap out of it. Its not her she's not real, i am focus on me come on Ed" i grabbed his face his eyes drifted to me.

"thats it. ready to end this?" he nodded our swords glowed blue.

"together" he whispered as we stood side by side

"together" the serpents mouth opened at we shoved our swords in. It was if lightning bolts went in it and we pulled our sword out. It fell back dying by blue bolts till it finally hit the water

"we did it" i cheered and hugged my husband.

"come on" he smiled an we started making our way down.

"Edmund! Ana! Caspian!...Look" we looked over and sun rays started coming through. We'd done it. coming back onto the main deck we looked over the side.

"Narnian's! Narnian's!" Cas yelled pointing to boats that were coming through. We joined Lucy and Alessandra and hugged each other i looked Edmund in the eyes.

"i love you" he smiled

"i love you more" we kissed each other then pulled away smiling.

"Lets have them on board clear the decks" Cas ordered then joined us.

"we did it" Lucy smiled

"i knew we would" Alessandra finished off her sentence

"It wasn't just us though" Ed reminded and i smiled at Eustace helping

"you mean.."

"Hey! Hey, i'm down here, Lucy, Georgiana. Over here" i heard sharing a puzzled look with Lu we went to see who was calling us.

"Hey Lucy, Georgiana. I'm in the water. Lucy! Georgiana!" we looked over the side of the ship and there was Eustace a boy again

"Eustace!" we exclaimed

"i'm a boy again. I'm a boy" he exclaimed in delight

"Eustace i see your wings have been clipped " Reep chirped he jumped in the water

"Where sky and water meet where the waves grow ever sweet" Reep sang and then tasted the water.

"it's sweet! Its sweet!" he chimed, We laughed

"Look! Look!" Reep pointed into the horizon.

"Aslan's country. We must be close" Cas stated

"well, we've come this far" Ed shrugged

"it would be rude not to" i added.