part 7 - festival (pt I)

Cao weining was sitting with chengling and han ying when he saw zhou zishu rushed into the bakery with furious expression on his face, and he was stomping his feet like a kid throwing tantrum in every step he took. He looked at two men in front of him, asking for an explanation. "Why is he mad?"

Han ying shrugged, also having the same question in his head.

"Someone gave him dessert." Chengling said.

Weining's eyebrows rose. "Isn't that a good thing?"

"Yeah..but it's from uncle wen from wen's bakery."

Hearing that, both cao weining and han ying widened their eyes slightly, showing obvious confusion. "Why would he gave it to him? That's weird." Han ying said.

"Because..." Chengling moved his face closer to both of them, eyes shifted from side to side to make sure zhou zishu wasn't near them. "He has feeling for shifu."

"Woah..." They uttered in amusement.

"That's gonna be tough for the wen guy."

Weining and chengling nodded, agreeing with han ying's statement.

"Ah I forgot!" Cao weining suddenly got up from the chair. "I need to tell zhou ge about the festival." He went straight to zhou zishu's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

He opened the door, walked to zhou zishu that was obviously had a crisis with himself at his table and casually sat on the chair.

Zhou zishu raised his head. "Why?"

"Zhou ge, our university will hold a food festival next week. They will open booth for anyone who wants to sell anything there. Do you want to join?"

Zhou zishu face expression changed into a lot more relaxed than before. "Hmm.." he thought for a while. "Sounds great..but let me think for a while.."

"That's okay if you don't want to do it." Cao weining slowly muttered. Zhou zishu chuckled when he noticed weining's face expression was the opposite of what he said.

"Yeah but I'm sure you want to do it." Zhou zishu smiled, making the younger man also smiled in satisfaction. "Alright let's do it. When is it? The festival."

"Next week. On tuesday."

"Okay. Discuss with the other what are we going to sell and make two list on paper. One is for the list of dessert and another one is for the ingredients we need."

"Alright I'll do it now. Thank you, zhou ge." Cao weining grinned, bowing his head and ran out of the office excitedly.

After the man's figure disappeared from his sight, he dropped his head on the table and sighed. "Finally, a day where I don't have to see wen kexing's face."

~♡~

"Gege!"

Wen kexing raised his head. Seeing ah-xiang suddenly entered the bakery in rush, he asked. "Are you okay?" He was at the kitchen, making coffee for himself.
Ah-xiang always just randomly came to the bakery at a random time, so he wasn't even surprised anymore if she suddenly appeared there.

"Gege. Let's bring this bakery to my college."

"Huh?! Why would I move this bakery to your college?" Whatever reason ah-xiang was going to give, he won't move it anywhere. He loves it here! The most strategic area ever! Especially near zhou zishu.

Ah-xiang waved her hand when she realized the mistake she made in her sentence. "No no.. I was wrong. Okay so..a festival will be held at our university. It's a food festival and everyone is invited to sell anything there. Let's do it, gege!"

Wen kexing instantly shook his head. "No I don't want to. If you want to do it, manage it yourself." He was too lazy for that.

"Gege please..." She whined.

"Just do it yourself. Go ask liu jiejie to help you."

Ah-xiang sighed, it will be tough to convince wen kexing when he already refused to do something. But this time, she has a way that would definitely make him agree. "Gege, I'm sure you will change your mind after you hear this."

"Nothing can change my mind!"

"The zhou's bakery will close their bakery on that day and open booth at the festival. That means zhou zishu will join too."

"OKAY LET'S DO IT! TELL EVERYONE WE WILL DO A MEETING TO DISCUSS ABOUT THIS!"

Ah-xiang grinned, only the name zhou zishu would change her brother's stubborn mind since she knew her brother was so deep in love with that man. It wasn't like she naturally knew it, but wen kexing told her himself when he was caught staring lovingly at zhou zishu a few days ago.

And she, as the loyal and kind sister has swore that she will give him full support and won't tell their family about this!

"Yes gege let's do this!"

And of course she was eager to do this because she also had her own reason.

~♡~

I'm sorry this is only a short chapter because I'm quite busy ✌🏻