once she was out of his sight akaashi began to write more than he had in the past week. he began to write about her.

~~~

akaashi got the first chapter done.

"you just have to read it and tell me what you think of it." akaashi explained and turned his laptop around to his best friend.

"got it." bokuto nodded and began reading. he knows how the routine goes since he was the one who read his short stories when they went to school together.

akaashi had gotten a bottle of water for him and a bunch of pastries for bokuto just in case he was hungry. he was too nervous about his first draft to consume anything but water.

"is the character in this based on a real person?" he asked and took a bite of a sugar cookie.

"i suppose so."

"cool." bokuto went back to reading. "sounds nice."

"she is."

"so it's a girl!" he snapped his attention back to akaashi. "do you have a secret girlfriend i don't know about?"

"no. i just took some inspiration from this person." akaashi was starting to wonder why he chose the coffee shop to bring bokuto to. y/n could walk in at any minute and wonder what he wrote about. then she might piece together that the character was basically her. then what if she thought that he was weird and creepy and would go find a different coffee shop to avoid him?

"do i get a character based off me?" bokuto asked while he scrolled down. "i deserve one. i think i should. i deserve a whole novel dedicated to myself."

"it all depends on how the story develops, but i'll try my best to get you in it." akaashi said and took a drink of his water. he almost spat out his water when he saw the familiar figure walk through the door.

bokuto looked at akaashi's face and spun around to see what he was looking at. one glance at the girl was enough for him. "that's the girl in your book!"

"close the laptop!"

"she's not going to know it's her." bokuto closed the laptop anyway before turning around to look at her again. y/n noticed someone was looking at her and met the stranger's gaze. then her eyes jumped over to akaashi and a smile immediately fell onto her lips.

"i think it's starting to get a little weird." she walked over and stood next to him. "you're not stalking me are you?"

"in my defense, i've been here before you every time so i think you're the one who's stalking me." akaashi raised his hands up.

"true." y/n turned her attention over to the other guy sitting at the table. he hadn't spoken yet to akaashi's surprise. usually, bokuto would be jumping at an opportunity to meet a new friend. "hi, i'm l/n y/n."

"bokuto kotarou. akaashi's best friend."

"do you want coffee?" y/n asked and dropped her bag down next to akaashi after pulling her wallet out.

"say no." akaashi whispered to bokuto. "she'll never let you pay for your coffee ever again if you let her once."

bokuto looked between the artist and the writer, torn between wanting coffee and also paying it himself. "what if i give you the money?"

"she won't accept it." akaashi answered.

"i'm just gonna get you coffee." y/n said and walked to the counter. bokuto turned back to akaashi when she was gone.