Greek Girl - (chapter 5)

Hello again :) wow this one too me a while to post,but it is spring break now so i have alot more time and my musical is over, so here is the party chapter! I just want to say thankyou to the people who voted and also commented it really means alot and just so you know it inspires me to write my chapters and put them up sooner (hint hint) ha. I hope you like this one and I really hope you vote and comment.

ENJOY!

Chapter 5

I stepped into my bedroom and locked the door behind me. The three girls walking out of the shop kept replaying in my head like a broken record player, even when I tryed thinking about other things like puppy's or unicorn's for example (yes that does help, not kidding) flashes of them strolled right into my Peripheral vision. It was so strange yet so stimulating.

On the car ride home my mom and I were mostly silent the whole way, until I asked her if it's normal to almost feel like you know somebody you have never met, something like Dejavu, but stronger. She only responded with a silent hmm, like she was thinking and then a shrug never answering my question. I think she was mad at me for faking not feeling good (which I was not) so I could go back home, it made me feel insensitive and she was so good at make me feel bad about everything.

I shook my head from my thoughts and gazed at my alarm clock 7:30. CRAP! only thirty minutes to get ready. I immediately ran to my closet and tried looking for something decent to wear. I was hoping that I would be able to buy somethig new downtown but because of my small melt down I will now have to pick one of my old things.

"What to wear, what to wear, what to wear..." I repeated to myself, as inshuffled threw my hung up dress, picking some out and holding them in front of me while looking in the mirror.

When I was finished with the hung clothes a huge pile of dresses piled up against the wall told me I was running out of time to get ready, until I remembered the few dresses still packed away in a box I had not opened yet. I squealed, as I ran to towards the the brown taped box, ripping it open like a new present.

As soon as I saw the folded dress peeking threw the cracks of the almost open box, I flew open the cardboard flaps and picked up the delicate silk dress from the other folded clothes and held it up to my body. I have no idea if it's to much for an American party, but I was going to wear it anyway.

I slipped the dress on over my head, letting the fabric rest against my skin. I added some suede tan pumps and diamond studded earrings. My hair was already pretty good today so I quickly blotted some shimmery gloss to my lips and sprayed on some Nina Ricci perfume called 'Love'.

As I reached for my bedroom door I saw my appearance in my mirror that still leaned against my dresser waiting for it to be hung up. My dresses teal fabric clung to my waist and fanned out into a tan strip lining the bottom, it's deep v-neck sparkled reflections of rhinestones onto the wall next to the mirror.

"Let's do this thing." I whispered, almost talking to the dress as if it were my one ally, boosting me up from my small self-pitty.

I heard the the clock- placed on the top of the living room fireplace- chime 8:00 and then watched the hands turn to 8:05.....8:10.....8:15. He was late.

My head started to rush with the thoughts of him standing me up or laughing with his friends about how that girl even thought that she would actually be invited to one of our parties. I don't know why, but it made me angry.

As soon as I was about to march up to my bedroom when the clock chimed 8:30, the sudden growling of an engine pulled me away from my frustration.

"Alleluia! Finally!" I said, rolling my eyes.