Greek Girl - (chapter 4)

Hello again fellow readers! I just want to say thank you so much for reading my book, it means alot to me, but a goal of mine is to get a few comments and votes here and there...so please do so, cause that would mean the world to me.

Well here is the next chapter to Greek Girl, let me know if you like it :) I have ready got some ideas up my sleeves for the next few chapters ahhh!!! Can't wait!

Enjoy

Chapter Four

I woke up to the sound of thunder that night and reached over to check the time on my alarm.

"Ugh. Four o'clock in the morning." I whispered into my pillow.

One day in this state and it was already raining. I tried everything I could to get myself to sleep; putting my pillow over my head, plugging my ears and even listening to my I-pod, to the point where my volume control could not get any louder. It was useless, I was not going to get any sleep at all. Just as I thought this, the clanging of rain on the roof stopped and it was suddenly silent. At last...peace.

I saw a bright light float towards me. It was like nothing I had ever seen before. So radiant unlike any shade of white existent to us and then it vanished and everything went black.

"Honey...wake up! It's morning and I made your favorite, chocolate chip waffles." My mom announced, in a happy, sing songy way. Standing next to the curtains she opened up from the window.

Oh...so that's where that bright light came from, but why did it go black. I brushed black strans of hair away from my face as I stared out the window.

"Okay mom." I said pulling my eyes away from the light and laying my head on the pillow. "Just five more minutes."

I pulled the comforter back over my head and gently closed my eyes.

"Uh huh. I don't think so. You are not laying in bed all day Alena. I thought that maybe we could go down town and look around for a bit."

"I can't." I fake coughed. "I'm sick."

"Good one Alena. Come on get up!"

I felt a cold chill engross my whole body.

"Mom! Really? Give me back my covers!" I yelled, curling myself up in a ball.

"I'm serious this time Alena. Get up or I will drag you out of bed myself."

I heard her heavy foot steps stomp out of my room and down the hall. Taking my comforter with her.

"Ugh." I groaned into my pillow, slowly rolling myself out of bed and dragging my feet to the bathroom. Seriously women (referring to my mom) I didn't get enough sleep last night as it is and I have to listen to your nagging voice. But at the same time I was suspicious to see what the town of Bloomington looked like and where I would be spending my days, hanging out with friends.

I started to brush my teeth in unison to the beat of my alarm radio (that I did not wake up to). Something in the back of my mind clicked as I turned on the faucet.

"The party!" I moaned, as foamy toothpaste began to dribble down my chin, from my mouth. I totally forgot about the party. I'm scared about meeting people, but also about what I was going to wear?

I ran downstairs to the kitchen and was enveloped with the smell of sausage and waffle mix. My mom handed me a plate of food and sat a bottle of syrup down on the bar counter.

"When did you go shopping?" I asked, shoving a piece of waffle into my mouth.

"Yearly this morning." My mom said glancing at my surprised expression(she usually never got up early). "Well I had to make food for you or else you get all grumpy in the morning." Ahh...there was the mother I knew.