❣︎ "IT'LL BE OUR LITTLE SECRET" ❣︎

I woke up and snatched my phone off of my nightstand I was mad. I couldn't believe that Frank gave me a different number! Or..maybe it was an accident? That would be a crazy coincidence. Mistakes happen though, right?. It just would be very weird if he actually did accidentally give me Tyler's number instead of his. I decided that when I got to school I would confront him about it. I went downstairs and grabbed a poptart for breakfast as I left my house and waited for the bus.

When I got to school I was still quite early. This was the perfect chance to talk to Frank! Him and his friends are also usually early. I walked down the almost  empty hallways until I turned down one and came across Frank and his friends. Just as I was about to approach him, they all started laughing at me...all of them. Even Frank. He did it on purpose. He gave me the wrong number on purpose. 

"Yo, ain't that your new girl?" One of his friends spoke.

"Nahhhh she was just a bet" Frank snickered back.

I felt tears well up in my eyes. I speed-walked away as I heard their laughs echo through the hallways. My eyes began to get blurry and I couldn't properly see where I was going. I didn't want to let my tears fall. At least not until I got into the bathrooms. Just then I bumped into someone. I couldn't properly see them. They looked like they wanted to say something to me but i pushed past them as I began to run. I needed  to get to the stalls before anyone saw me cry. I don't want to be more humiliated than i already am...

When I got into the stall I locked myself in there until I had to start making my way to class. It was actually kind of nice to be honest. I cried, listened to music and just scrolled through my social media apps. Before i knew it though, I had to make my way to class. I sat down at a table with two chairs, putting my bag on one of them.

Just then, someone moved my bag and sat down.

"Uh excuse me-"

"You ran away from me the first time i tried to talk to you so now, i'll be ruthless."

I looked up and saw a man i recognised....oh shit-

"I'm Tyler from-"

"The texts yesterday, yeah i know....." I cut him off as my head hung low.

"You doing okay?" he spoke

"Yeah i'm good" I lied 

"I know your lying, i saw you crying-"

"You hallucinated that shit." I blurted in embarrassment 

It went silent for a moment.

"Look I know-"

"You don't know shit." i shot back, cutting him off.

"Then let me know.." he held my hand, stopping me from writing the date in my book. 

"Chris gave me the wrong number on purpose, his friends laughed at me this morning and oh yeah I was nothing but a fucking bet!"

"I'm sorry Emy." he softly said, looking into my eyes

"It's okay it's not your fault Tyler." 

"He doesn't deserve you anyways"

"I still really like him though, and-"

"Tyler and Emy! -As your conversation seems to be so much more interesting than my class, would you care to share the topic of it?" Mr Jones sarcastically spoke as he leaned back in his seat.

Me and Tyler both shook our heads no. He sucked his  teeth and continued explaining we would be getting into pairs for a project. 

"Yeah about that, yesterday an idea popped into my head and I really need you too consider it-" Tyler said, carelessly continuing our conversation