Chapter #2 Artwork

(3rd Pov)

After a quick rest and recovery, the group consisting of constructs and a human continue their journey to regroup with other squads. In their travels, no member of Gray Raven showed any caution around the infected construct of the group, which surprised Y/n, but he wasn't against it. Though, on the topic of caution, Liv seemed like she wanted to say something but refraining herself. Y/n rolled his eyes and spoke first. 

"Can I help you?" He didn't turn to her, but Liv jumped slightly when she knew he was talking to her. She bowed her head slightly with rosy cheeks. 

"Sorry, to be a bother... but you seemed to have taken a bad hit from that infected construct. Do you not need to be looked over?"

"... I appreciate the concern. I needed to live on my own, so I made a few tricks with the virus in me. In exchange for preventing it from spreading to others, I purposefully take damage to have it heal me. I also tend to expel the virus in my attacks, as you may have noticed. Though I have to be mindful of the output, because I could either risk it spreading or end up draining myself. "

"Hmph, nothing without risk as I thought." Lee was the one to speak when hearing this. "It's not such a good thing if you kept your sanity with the virus, it won't let you off that easy."

"You're not wrong. It's still very much a virus."

"Then how did you come to this situation?" Asher asked slowly, hoping it isn't a hard topic to approach. Y/n mulled it over before speaking. 

"That's kind of classified."

"Classified?" Asher was caught off guard by the answer. 

"Yeah, just ask Nikola." Y/n shrugged off his surprise.

"You managed to contact him?"

"Yeah, it's not hard to accomplish. I mean, I've been in this state for years and only now you know about me? Can you think why?"

"Your existence is classified?" Lee raised a brow as he spoke.

"For the most part. I'm sure if you look in some squad reports, they might have received aid from a lone construct with vague descriptions or designations. I was told to hide the fact I have the virus a secret for as long as I can. He couldn't make anything official about me without further information. Other than him, Celica, Asimov, and President Hassen are aware of me, along with a select few others."

"So what happens now? We've seen what you're capable of." Asher asks.

"Make a direct report on what you know to Nikola. Mention my name and he'll hear you out."

"You seem to know him personally." Lucia inquired. 

"Well, it's because of him that I'm allowed to go out on solo missions. Though those missions are directly given to me by him."

"It's rare for that man to take a personal interest in anyone." Asher added.

"What rank are you?" Liv asked curiously. 

"Something akin to 'Hero'. Though, now that I'm off the books, I don't think it really matters."

All of Gray Raven were pleasantly surprised to learn he has a high rank. 

"Wow, you must have accomplished a lot."

"I suppose." He shrugs.

"Okay, so you can't disclose anything about what happened to you?" Asher inquired, steering the conversation to the original topic. Y/n thinks about it, then speaks. 

"Whether you know it or not won't hinder me anyway.... It was about three years ago. I was usually on my own, since I was licensed to travel and do missions on my own, without anyone's help. I was assigned an extermination mission in an entire city, not too many corrupted, but very high density. HQ insisted I need help, so they assigned a capable team."