Chapter 1:

And the pixels drift away, disappearing into nothingness as they come in contact with the platform. I sprint towards the left, dropping the machete and picking up a sword from a weapon stash tucked in the corner of the platform. I turn quickly enough to notice a Mutant, charging towards me at lightning speed. I start deflecting its lanky tentacle with the sword, the creature lets out a bone chilling snarl as it tries clawing through my arm. I move backs, struggling to stab the Mutant whilst it attempts to claw through my head. I begin to make a risky move as I start getting up from my knees. I swiftly loosen the grip on the sword to kick the Mutant in the ribs. The Mutant screeches as the mutant kneels on the ground. It works! I lift my sword ready to puncture the creature in the abdomen. Soon I felt a painful yank at my hair as I start to squirm in pain. My head twists slightly, looking back through my teary eyes I find myself looking dead straight at another Mutant. It's skin was slimy and transparent enough for me to see my face in it's skin. The mutant's bones stuck out of it's skinny, disfigured figure. As it snaps i's jaw open, I can see the it's pasty fangs seeping out of it's gums. I held my sword tightly in my grasp. It gives me a strange sadistic smile, though it could not kill me, I am frightened. 

Now, let me talk about what happened for me to end up battling a mob of angry holographic Mutant zombies. Cue the flashback music, if you want. It all started when I was laying down in the grass exhausted from one long run. The grass was ticking my hands and ankles, it wasn't a pleasant feeling at all. But whatever discomfort the grass was, it was nothing compared to the blinding sun. Even with my eyes closed, I could still feel it scorching my skin. However I didn't have to think about it for long when a red haired girl came up to me.

"Oi, get up sleepy head it's time for 6th Bell," She said, shaking her head. Emerald green eyes and a smattering of freckles on her cheeks and nose were visible upon closer study of her face. "We've got to hurry. Pearson's going to kill us if wer'e late," Just as she said that, a loud ringing of a bell sounded. Even though it was kilmoteres away, it felt like the bell was rung right next to my ears.

"Holy crap!" I exclaimed, jumping up and dusting off the dry grass off my jumpsuit. We raced past the dying vegetation in the scorching sun, often jumping over loose roots until we slowed down at the Spectatory. It's newly cleaned windows reflected our faces, whilst the rough sandstone was engraved in delicate patterns of pained expressions of both Mutants and humans. The building wafted off a scent of apple cider and burnt charcoal, a strange combination. As I passed past that building, I felt an aura of menace creep into my senses. My palms sweat merely thinking about the meeting that would take place there.

"The meeting's only until next week. We've got plenty of time," Zion reassured me, upon noticing my discomfort. I only nodded in response, wiping the sweat off on my jumpsuit.

We approached the field, Pearson and a handful of other kids circled around her. The field, just like everything here, was dry, yellow and with the grass falling out. This left brown patches of dirt scattered around the field, now looking like a balding man's head. Often when it rained, the field would be too muddy to play in, but today, the field was dry and brittle. Pearson stood in the middle of the field, a beige oval size ball in her arm. Thankfully, Pearson did not see us creeping in where the rest of the kids were.

"All right, you know the rules but here's a recap anyway! Because Angrove didn't think too highly about the last time the ball flew and hit her window," Pearson yelled as we joined the circle. "Players are sorted into two teams. Today, it's Boys v.s. Girls, you're all given a stun gun which can only stun someone. For today the boys are in charge of the ball and they have to guard it, not like yesterday when the girls decided to fling it onto Floyd. I'm looking at you! Pearson eyes Zion and I as everyone stifles in a howl of laughter.