Avoiding You

I spent the rest of the day moping over Alex. I guess I wasn't really in any position to be mad at Alex. He had probably only kissed me because he had way too much to drink and was pissed out of his mind. It was just a one-night thing with no strings attached. I mean I hardly knew him and he hardly knew me. As I was lost in my train of thought I heard my phone ding.

I was hoping it to be a certain scruffy boy but a sense of embarrassment washed over me when I saw that the message was from Olivia.

Hey since school's tomorrow I was wondering if you wanted to walk to the bus stop with me, Louisa, and the boys? We could meet at my house since it's closest?" the message read.

"Shit I completely forgot," I mumbled under my breath.

If it weren't for Olivia's message, I would have completely forgotten that we had school tomorrow. Things would be strange. Hopefully, Alex didn't even remember the kiss. I could just pretend like it never happened and we could move on as friends. Though a part of me wished that he would remember.

Yea sounds great :) I replied.

  The rest of the day was spent listening to music and catching up on homework that I had completely forgotten was due. Sadly no messages from Alex came.

***

"We're outside ur house," I messaged Olivia.

It was 7 o'clock and the bus was gonna come any minute now. Everyone was outside of Olivia's house including Alex. He was acting like nothing had happened, as I expected, so I had just decided to return the energy. I tried to avoid him as much as possible and made sure to shut down any conversation he tried to start.

"What's taking her so fuckin long," Jamie groaned.

"If we're late it's all her fault," Nick chimed in.

"I was just putting me shoes on ya dickheads. I could hear ya y'know," Olivia scoffed as she opened the front door.

"You've got a feisty one there, Matt," Jamie smirked.

"Shut up before I kick ye in the-"

"Hey let's all calm down and just try to get to class in one piece. If we're lucky the bus hasn't come yet," I said trying to ease the tension.

As we were walking I saw a small blue figure in the distance.

"OI THE BUS IS ALREADY THERE," Jamie yelled.

"START FUCKING RUNNING," Louisa screamed.

With the wind blowing in our faces and our legs almost giving up on us we ran for our lives trying to make it. We were only a few seconds late but the driver had decided to be a little bitch as left us all alone in the cold with no ride to school.

"Dickhead," Olivia muttered.

"Well now fucking what?" Alex asked, trying to catch his breath.

"We could skip," Louisa smirked.

"No way. Me mum would kill me and I'd never hear the end of it," I said, putting my hands in my pockets to try and warm them.

"Well I've heard that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. C'mon it's only this one day," Matt replied.

I bit my lip as I thought about it. I mean he was right. It was only this one day and it's not like we had any way of making it to school on time.

"Fine," I grinned.