He hadn't told you how he felt about telling him–you'd only exchanged a few texts between the last time you saw him and tonight. But he seemed fine enough all evening, even now, his voice was steady when he leaned forward on the counter.

Jeff looked between the two of you, completely lost. He looked over to Glenne before Harry spoke again.

"Y/N's pregnant."

There was still a jump in your pulse, but less this time. Something about the way Harry seemed so calm and collected was contagious. He looked over at you and offered a small smile, maybe one of reassurance or unity.

Jeff let out a laugh. "Good one, man–you're a dick."

Lexi frowned, Glenne reached for Jeff's arm.

Harry's voice was low. "M'not kidding."

"Come on," Jeff looked over to Glenne, then to Lexi, then you. "I'm not falling for that."

"He's not kidding, babe."

Now your pule rose substantially. Jeff's face seemed to shift from one of humor and amusement, more towards anger and concern. "What? You're not fucking with me?"

"M'not fucking with you."

You looked over to Lexi, ready to make an exit if needed. You felt suddenly protective, if you were actually growing something inside of you, dealing with the tension in the room surely couldn't be good for either of you.

Jeff was quiet for a second, a deep breath, a look around the room. Like he wanted to be anywhere but here and talking about anything but this. You knew the feeling well.

He looked towards you. "How did you find out?"

"I've taken four tests. Two on my own, two at the doctors."

"And it's real? A doctor said it's real?"

You nodded.

"And you believe her?"

Silence–everyone but Jeff seemed to stare at the floor.

He asked again. "Do you?"

Harry looked around awkwardly. "Yeah–I do."

"How do we know she's not lying? How do we know you're actually the father?"

"Jeff," Glenne tried to calm him down, emotion in her voice that let you know his question bothered her. She reached for him again, he pulled his arm out of reach.

You got red in the face, a heat down your spine when he looked at you, waiting for an answer or a response or some type of defense. "I have the tests that I showed him."

"I made her take another in front of me. She had all the stuff printed from the doctor. I'm going with her next week."

Jeff was still, like he hadn't expected Harry to say all of that. "You knew about this?"

A sigh of relief when his attention was no longer directed at you. Glenne nodded slowly. "Only for a few days–she's freaked out, too, okay? This isn't good news for anyone."

Jeff blew air from between his lips. "I know–I know. I just–this is literally terrible timing with the album coming and–"

Harry shrugged, "forget the album. We can push it back. It doesn't have to be a summer release."

"Well it fucking can't be now if we're going to be busy dodging pregnancy rumors."

"What do you mean, dodging?" Your voice was quiet, but when Jeff looked down at you, he softened.