The sounds of the stream and the quietness of my surroundings are the first taste of stillness in days, and it is welcomed. I could sit here for hours and read, it is perfect.

The time went on, and I barely felt it, so engrossed in my reading.
I hear footsteps behind me as someone sits themselves next to me.

"How can you read without light My Lady?" The man asks.

Eomer.

I look up from my book.

"It is something all Elves can do, our hearing isn't bad either." I smirk.

He lets out a manly chuckle at my comment.

"It is peaceful here. I forget what the notion of that word means sometimes." He states.

"War is looming, all we have is our hope to guide us. If we do not have that, then failure is the only option and I will not accept that as the only fate for our lands." I add.

"I like your determination Keddy. You are unlike any woman I have met, I knew it when I first laid eyes on you." He replies.

I blush slightly.
"Thank you"

"Tell me about yourself, you seem like you have a story to tell." Eomer asks, looking over at me.

I look back to him and shake my head.
"My life is not as fascinating as one may imagine. I am from Rivendell, many say I am classed as Royalty as my father rules the place. I, however do not feel like that. I have many siblings. My mother passed when I was only young and I miss her everyday."

My face turns from a smile to a sorrowful look, thinking about my mother.

"I am sorry to hear of that. I lost my mother and father at a young age too, it is something you never forget." He admits.

"They watch over us in Spirit, but to see her once more would be a blessing. That day will come, but not yet. Our time is not now." I reply.

Eomer nods.
"Wise words"

"How about you Eomer? Do you have have story to tell?"

He looks at me, and smirks.

"I am the Third Marshal of the Riddermark and next in line for the Throne of Edoras and it's people. I have a sister, Eowyn. My Uncle is King Theoden. I train with arrows, swords and spears...I train others with arrows swords and spears...and I do love a pint of ale"

I chuckle at this.

"Seeing as we are in the territory of things we love...I love playing the harp...Although my brothers have said I am an earsore when it comes to my talent." I add.

Eomer laughed at my comment about the Harp.

"I am sure it is far from that." He says.

We look at each other now, our eyes taking each other in as we move closer. He tucks a strand of hair behind my ears, and even his touch is making me feel things I never have before.

"I cannot deny I have longed for your touch since I saw you." I say, my eyes fluttering slightly.

His face is softer with me than with others, like he wants to be my protector, like he wants to bed me.

"I have never laid eyes upon such beauty. I have bedded many women, but usually it is because I have enough coin to do so, or the women I have been intimate with, are people who also want the power of being with the next in line to the Throne." He admits.

"Those women who want power will see the error of their ways eventually. The Throne does not define you, you are perfect as you are." I smile.

We lean in, I feel this will lead to a kiss as his hand brings my face closer to his, placed gently on my cheek.

As our lips meet, I feel a wave of excitement wash over me. He has done this before, I can tell.

After our kiss, we gently back away and as I realise what just happened, I place both my hands on the side of his face and kiss him once more. More passionately this time.

I managed to pull myself away, although I want to stay with him, I know I cannot as I feel guilty about doing so, mainly because of Legolas.

"I must go..."

"Stay, a little longer at least." Eomer urges as I get up and smooth out my skirt.

"We have a long day tomorrow, my goal is not to distract you from training or the battle. I want to stay...but you must have your mind on Helms Deep." I reply.

He stands now, and we embrace before we part ways for the evening.
Everything about him is driving me wild, and I know not what it is exactly.

"I have a tent to myself, if you wanted to..." Eomer suggests.

"As much as I would love to accept, I best be going now...Goodnight, Lord Eomer." I say delicately and walk away.

Now I feel I have made the wrong decision. Maybe I should have accepted his suggestion on this night. Even though it would not happen at this moment, the future would be very different for us both.