Chapter 4: Phoenix vs. Hellspawn (1/2)

(SCENE: WEDDING) (POV: 3RD PERSON)

All Devils have gathered to see the wedding of three great clans: the Phenexs, the Gremorys and the Sitris.

Riser, dressed in his best tuxedo, clanks a spoon against a glass cup as he prepares to make a toast. "Greetings everyone! I, Riser Phenex, am pleased that you all took time out of your busy days to come and see the unity of 3 great clans and families of Devils. Of course, Rias Gremory and Sona Sitri couldn't see the importance of this marriage, so they challenge me to a Rating Game. This was a hard battle, for Rias and Sona's Peerages were strong. Thankfully, we pulled through and won the Rating Game." He says as mostly everyone cheers at this.

"Now then, let the wedding commence!" He exclaims as Rias & Sona, in bride's outfits, enters with looks of sadness on their faces. Riser approached them as he plays with their hair.

Suddenly, the roof exploded as Oscar, in his Spawn Suit, drops down. "I object." He says as, thankfully, his voice was disguised.

(Here's what his disguised voice is.)

"Who dares interrupt this wedding?!?!?" Riser demands. "An unspoken friend of mine wants his marriage cancelled, so he came to us to end it." He cryptically explains as Riser's anger grew.

"Well, you'll have to disappoint this friend of yours, because you have to get through me first." He says as he remembered something Oscar said. "Wait, did you say 'us'?" He asks as Oscar simply snaps his fingers.

Soon, his Peerages appears all over the room. "My Peerage is here to make sure no one interrupts our fight." He says.

"Okay, but before we fight, I gotta ask: why do you agree to stopping this marriage?" Riser asks. "Because, even though I don't care about Rias and Sona, my home resides in their territory and I don't it to suffer because of your arrogance." Oscar cryptically explains.

"Very well. According to our laws, I must accept any kind of duel declaration." He says as he turns to his Peerage. "Work alongside this mystery warrior's Peerage to prevent anyone from interfering." He orders.

His Peerage nods in agreement as they joined Oscar's Peerage. Riser then opens up a portal to a battle field as he enters through said portal, with Oscar following shortly behind him.

Shortly after they left, the Peerages of Rias and Sona appeared with Issei and Saji taking the lead. "RISER, WE'RE HERE FOR RIAS AND SONA!" Issei proclaims.

"Um, Issei-senpai. Riser's not here." Irina says as rest of the Peerage looked around the room to see no sights of Riser.

Momo took notice of Oscar's Peerage. "So, Riser recruited some new Peerage Members." She theorized, but was shot down. "Sorry kid, but we don't work for that KFC. Our head honcho is currently taking on Riser and they asked us to prevent anyone else from interfering." Stryker explains.

But Issei and Saji were too stubborn and too arrogant. "Well, tell your weakling of a king to step aside!" He demanded. "Yeah! A task like this must be handled by High Ranking Devils like us!" Saji arrogantly adds on.

"Our leader is a Ultimate Rank Devil, wields the powers of the Hellspawn and is the Right Hand of Malebolgia. So, not only does he outrank you, but also overpowers you as well." Scorpion says, shocking the Peerages of both Rias and Sona.

Though this didn't stopped Issei and Saji. "DOESN'T MATTER!!!! WE'll SAVR RIAS AND SONA OURSELVES!!!!" Issei and Saji exclaims as they brought out their Dragon Sacred Gears, causing the rest of the Peerages to enter combat stances and for some of them to take out their Sacred Gears.

"Very well. Since you all aren't on the guest list, we'll have to kick you all out." Yang says. She, and the rest of the Peerage got into fighting positions. "Don't forget about us." Ravel says as she and Riser's Peerage prepares for battle.

The four Peerages prepare to battle, when Sirzechs and Serafall stops them. "If you all want to fight, please take it outside so you won't cause any unwanted damage." He orders as the Peerage comply.

(SCENE CHANGE: BATTLE ARENA) (POV: OSCAR)

After me and Riser walk through the portal, we now stand across from each other on a gladiatorial like arena. "Gotta say: you seem familiar to me in some way, but I can't quite put my finger on it." Riser says.

"Well, I did meet a lot of people: some bad, some good and some neutral. So, I could be anyone." I cryptically say. Riser, however, took a deeper and calculating look at me as he seems to have figured it out.

"So, the shared Pawn of Rias and Sona fights against them, huh?" He asks with a smirk on his face. "Former Pawn. I left those Peerages willingly, with the aid of both Sirzechs and Serafall." I explained as Riser's eyes widened at this.

"The reason why I left the Peerages is due to horrendous actions Rias, Sona and their Peerages have committed against me. But now that I'm free from their control, I'm doing this as my last and final commitment to them before I sever all ties/connections with them." I explain.

Riser gives me a saddened look. "I'm sorry for whatever happened to you while under their care." He says as he adopts a serious expression. "But I cannot allow this wedding to be ruined." He says.

I, however, can sense something off about him. "You didn't really want this wedding, do you?" I asked as I saw his expression changed into that of a shocked one.

"You were also forced into this, like Rias and Sona, were you?" I asked as Riser gave me a silent nod. "What gave me away?" He asked. "Your arrogance. I've been around arrogant and cocky people more times then anyone else can stand. So I know when someone's really arrogant or just faking it." I explained.

Riser chuckles in amusement. "Guess I now know who the smart one of their Peerages were." He says as I chuckled at this. "Yeah. Though I was more of a thinker then a fighter when it comes to combat, my brawn is now matched by my brain." I explain.

Riser then summons a fireball in his hand. "What to test that theory?" He suggested as I smirked at this. "Sounds good. Though don't think I'll go easy on you." I say as I brought out my chains.

"Wouldn't want it any other way." Riser says as we prepare to battle. We charged at each other as the clash of flames and chains creates a shockwave that knocks the both of us back.

(Here's part 1 of this chapter. I had to split this chapter into 2 separate parts so it wouldn't take up too much time and all that. Anyways, the battle between Riser and Oscar will continue in the next chapter.)