"I'm thirsty." Jay said simply, and even though you are speaking to him over the phone, you can already tell that he has a bright smirk slapped across his dumb face.

"Okay, and?" You answer exasperatedly. "If you hadn't called, I would've been on a studying grind right now. Just tell me what you want."

"Oh, what a shame. I feel—so sorry for interrupting you." He replies with pretentious sweetness, to which he then returns to his usual voice as he says, "Get me the usual please. I'll be waiting for you to drop it off at the building in the East Wing. Be quick."

"Anything else, your Highness?" You cannot help but roll your eyes.

"Actually, yeah. Get me a chocolate chip muffin too, while you're at it! ~ See you in twenty minutes." Jay ends the call before you can retort, making you curse a string of vulgar profanities as you begin to stuff all your belongings back into your tote bag. Unfortunately, you have to leave the cafe before you could get your fourth iced mocha (which would have been discounted, according to the staff!), making you pissed beyond words as you storm out through the entrance.

Just when you had wanted to finally have some peace to yourself, this devil of a man just had to ruin it for you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

TWO DAYS AGO

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" You force yourself to look up and meet Jay's victorious gaze, immediately grimacing when he chuckles at how disappointed you appear by his decision. Around you, everyone is looking back and forth between the two of you, speechlessly confused at what they are witnessing before them. In the corner of your eye, Riki quietly picks his cola up from between his legs, taking a small sip as he watches the scene unravel before him. On the other hand, opposite you, you try to draw your eyes away from Sunghoon and Jaeyun as they exchange questionable looks, Jaeyun hitting his shoe into the side of Sunghoon's repeatedly.

However, the reaction you did not manage to observe was Heeseung's. He  is watching this quietly with the ends of his lips tilted downwards, wondering to himself, since when did they know each other? He does not miss the way that you look up at Jay with this emotion that cannot be easily described, as your eyes seem to twinkle at the sudden attention of the boy in front of you, whilst they also appear to flash with displeasure upon having him do as much as look at you.

"Let me repeat it for you." Jay leans down, coming insanely close to your face with a wicked simper. Unknowingly, your heart speeds at the proximity between you both, even though it was against your will. "Areum, I've chosen you to do my penalty for me."

Out of everyone here, he decided to choose you, after ignoring you for years and never sparing you more than a minute of his attention at a time? You are rendered speechless, unable to put words together to make a comprehensive sentence as your eyebrows furrow. As much as you want to refuse in this moment, to yell at him why he's only deciding to properly speak to you now instead of any other possible time beforehand, your tongue ties in your mouth and instead you find yourself just saying—

"Why?" You reply hesitantly.

"Well, you see." He grasps his hands together behind his back, beginning to pace around your bowling lane with the same menacing smile smeared across his lips. Pridefully, he walks back and forth with confidence, feeling no guilt as he starts to justify his reasons for choosing you. "I've been very busy, lately. Haven't had much time to really enjoy my college life for what it is since I've had to spend a lot more time on my assignments."