006 | CAVITY

"OH MY GOD!" YOU PULL YOUR PHONE out from your jeans pocket, glancing down at the screen with fake surprise

"OH MY GOD!" YOU PULL YOUR PHONE out from your jeans pocket, glancing down at the screen with fake surprise. Sunghoon turns to face you, trying to sneak a peek of what caused such a reaction from you, but you manage to pull your phone away to your chest just in time. He raises an eyebrow at your unusual reaction, causing you to chuckle with uneasiness as you push your air behind your shoulders with your free hand.

There was only one way you could get out of this situation; you are still not in the mood to interact with Jay in any kind of way, especially when you knew that the interaction would only be awkward and uncomfortable for the both of you. Your heart constricts and pulls at all its strings, begging for you to run off at any second. To do anything, anything at all, just to avoid making conversation with Park Jongseong.

Then there is Lee Heeseung, another obstacle you wanted to avoid. The boy still had not even sent you a single text, and every single time you had unlocked your phone since the last time you talked to him at that stupid party, you were unpleased when you were not welcomed with any missed calls from the guy. So no, you were not in the mood to talk to him either.

"Ayaka wants me home. She—she broke something of mine and accidentally hurt herself." You struggle to make a fake excuse, lying through your teeth as Sunghoon shifts his attention from the two approaching boys over to you, a concerned expression messing over his features. Even in the dark, where the only thing illuminating Sunghoon's face was the glow from the convenience store, you could still see Sunghoon's genuine worry as he glanced down at you with a sympathetic gaze. "It seems pretty urgent, and I don't want to leave her alone for too long..So—I think I have to get going. I'm so sorry, Sunghoon."

"What? Don't worry about it." Sunghoon smiles softly.

That's when his fingers tread out from where they had been kept in the pockets of his coat, reaching upwards to ruffle your hair. Although the two of you had been out in the cold, his fingers felt hot on your scalp, the tips of one of his fingers grazing the shell of your ear. His sudden touch tickles your skin, lighting up all the nerves in your body as his starry eyes peered down at you in the dark. The two of you were close, close enough that if you tilted yourself forward you could graze his nose, close enough that you could just lean in and give him a peck on the lips.

And boy, did you have the urge to.

Wait.

Why were you even having that kind of urge in the first place?

He ends the skinship between you with a gentle pat on the head, his fang-like teeth peeking out from between his lips as they arch into a lopsided grin.

"I really liked spending time with you, though." You ramble quickly, anxious at how close Jay and Heeseung were getting to the two of you. Your heart quickly warms at the way Sunghoon's smile succeeds in widening even more at your single sentence.  "I'd like to do this again, whenever you are free—but, anyways, um—I really gotta hurry home now! I'll see you later, okay Sunghoon? Goodnight!"