Journeys and Jealousy

We sit in the Inn, discussing business. There's this madman named Borch, wanting us to slay a dragon. Him and his two beautiful companions, Tea and Vea

"Oh we're so doing this. We're in." Jaskier speaks and I shake my head.

"We're not knights." I say to him and Geralt agrees.

"I kill no dragons. Take some advice from me: There's no treasure worth dying for."

He talks about how he just wants a last adventure before his death.

And I get his reasoning.

Then he shows us the other contenders.

The dwarves, easily defeated.

The Reavers, slimy bastards, but no match to us.

I'm starting to get swayed, I have to say.

But Geralt insists. That he's not coming.

Then the fourth team enters.

Yeneffer.

"Oh. Oh no no no." Jaskier protests immediately. But I see the look in Geralt's eyes.

"I'm in." He says and Bolch looks at me.

"Wherever he goes, I go."

"The hunt begins at sunrise."

—-

"Someone could have mentioned the road was too narrow for horses." Jaskier says and I do agree, smiling softly at him.

"Not keen on walking?" I ask. He nods.

One of the dwarves throws a tantrum next to us, accusing the Reavers of having stolen his pack.

Oh there's tension already.

"How is it I've walked this earth for decades without meeting a witcher and the first ones I meet, I can't get rid off." Yennefer speaks as she walks past us. Of course.

"I'd say something strange was afoot but then again, witchers do meet monsters eventually." Jaskier calls now and I hold back a laugh.

"Jaskier."

"Yennefer."

"The crows feet are new." Jaskier struggles with a comeback and I step in.

"Well there's not much sleep with newfound love, is there." I spit at her.

"Tullia. Of course, the trio never seperates." She speaks before she carries on to her escort, Sir Eyck.

A horribly bloated and arrogant individual.

"And here I thought your ego was big." I say to Jaskier who takes full offense.

He doesn't get to speak, however, when Sir Eyck makes his way over to me.

"Princess Tullia of Cintra." He calls as he grabs my hand, kissing it softly. "I'm sure you remember me."

"By the amount of Sires and Lords I've been introduced to, I shouldn't, but yes I do." I speak and I can see Jaskier starring daggers at him.

"But I am no longer a princess and not on the market for betrothals." I say as I pull my hand from his grasp harshly. "So bugger off."

He goes back to Yen defeated and I can see Jaskier smiling proudly.

"So you know the Sir?"

"Used to want my hand in marriage for years, I of course always declined." I add now when Jaskier just grabs my chin, pulling me in for a kiss.

"What was that for?" I ask afterwards.

"To show him what's mine right away."

——

We make our way up the hill softly and Jaskier catches up to me soon, seeing me glare at Yen.

"What happened with you and Yennefer?" He asks and I look at her, chuckling.

"I trusted her, told her all about my feelings. Only for her to betray my by putting me in that damn cellar." I say and I look at Geralt now.

"Also the fact that she's hurting Geralt. He's the only family I have and I can't see him like this."

I speak and Jaskier follows my gaze, chuckling.

"If looks could kill."

"I'd have you dead for every lewd comment you make about the women in the inn's." I say and Jaskier swallows softly now.

I've been holding him off. It's not that I don't want to sleep with him but he has to prove himself, gain back my trust.

And oh boy, is he trying.

"You look exhausted, dear. Let me wander into this bush and grab you something to eat." He speaks now and I just shake my head at him as he wanders off. I join the others, looking at the hill the dragon set ablaze.

"There's something back here."

"Jaskier." I call.

It's when I hear him desperately call for Geralt I just realize there actually is.

My god, an hirikka. I haven't seen one in the wild in ages.

I grab some bread from my bag but before I can feed it Sir Eyck steps forward, absolutely slaughtering the poor thing.

Thank god Yennefer calls him back before I can kill him.

"They are harmless. Such an unnecessary measure." I say as Sir Eyck of course packs the meat.

"It's getting dark. Let's set up our camp." I speak and the others agree.

The setting up doesn't take long amd soon a fire is set.

Of course it's Sir Eyck who grabs the one part of the hirikka that's completely inedible. Borch is nice enough to tell him, but of course he doesn't listen.

It's only a few moment later his stomach starts grumbling. A knowing grin slips onto my lips.

"I'm afraid I must take my leave. Yennefer, may I escort you to your tent." He speaks.

"Will you be joining me?"

"My lady, I'd never degrade your honor in such a way."

"I hate to break it to you but that ship has sailed, wrecked and sunk to the bottom of the ocean." Jaskier says now and Geralt elbows him for it. I have to try so hard to suppress my laugh as he runs off, probably about to have horrible diarrhea.

The topic turns serious again as they talk about Nilfgard's late rise in power.

"Next will be Telmeria, Redenia, Cintra."

"No. Queen Calanthe would die before letting them take what's hers." He says and I just realize how grim he is. But the thought of the Nilfgardians running Cintra over, it scares me.

I grab his hand softly and he squeezes mine.

They start talking about Dragons as the others all leave, but I can only think of mother now.

It's when they joke about Geralt being a knight I listen back in, having to laugh a bit at the thought.

"I think it's time we also head to bed, Borch. We need the rest." I say and we all go to our tents.