Wolf

"...He what?" I asked, staring at the guard that picked me up to treat the soldier last time in disbelief.

"The winter soldier has requested for you to treat him," the guy answered, speaking especially slowly, "...more specifically, he asked for 'that new medic that treated him the last time'."

After staring at the guard blankly for a moment, I furrowed my brows. The soldier had explicitly asked for me? Why? I absentmindedly marked the page of the book on immunology the Doctor had given me for study, closing it slowly while my brain came up with all kinds of different reasons why the soldier had asked for me.

The guard in front of me waved his hand at me, stopping my thoughts as my eyes focused back on him. "You shouldn't let people wait for to long in this place," the guard said, observing me carefully.

"Right.," I said, nodding shortly before getting up from my chair, "let's go then."

The guy turned to leave and I quickly followed after him, letting him lead me through the maze of identical corridors to whatever room the soldier was apparently waiting for me in. 

Me, the new medic that treated him the last time, specifically. 

It seemed odd that he would ask for me, or someone specific at all for that matter. According to what I heard before, the soldier would usually be patched back up by the researchers, as they wanted to make sure that their special superhuman soldier would be perfectly fine and had the most knowledge about all the oddities that came with the superhuman part. Hydras best soldier should be getting the best treatment, as usual, instead of requesting to be taken care of by the medic with the least training and experience in this whole building.

...Unless he had been told that the researchers were to busy and he wanted to avoid another disaster with the team upstairs. That would be a very good reason to ask for me, especially if his injury was rather minor and not worth the trouble.

"What injuries does the soldier have?" I asked the guard, realizing I had no idea what I was actually expected to do.

The guard shrugged. "Probably just a cut or two, maybe a scraped knee or something," he replied. It wasn't as helpful of an answer as I had hoped, but at least I knew it were just some minor things I would have to take care of.

Shortly after, we arrived at our destination. Similar to before, the guard said that he would be waiting outside, but this time left out the part where he would rush in to save me if I screamed loud enough. Did that mean that he now expected me to be able to handle the soldier?

Wondering about that, I put my hand on the door handle to open the door, then hesitated. How should I greet him? I stared at my hand on the handle for a very long moment, my mind blank, until I heard the guard clear his throat right next to me. 

I flinched and threw a glance over my shoulder at the guard, who was watching my with a raised eyebrow. I gave him an unsure smile, realizing that I was acting odd by just standing here, and hoped the guard would chalk my nervosity up to the soldiers reputation of acting out instead of me being socially awkward. 

With a determined breath, I opened the door and entered the room, feeling the guards suspicious eyes following me and seeing the soldier raise his head towards me a few meters away from me.

As I met the soldiers eyes, the stare on my back felt like it was burning into me. I abruptly turned around and closed the door behind me, the guard averting his eyes as soon as he appeared within my peripheral view. Shutting the door, I was relieved to be free from the guards watch. It shouldn't surprise me that a Hydra guard was trying to keep an eye on me, but I couldn't shake the feeling that this particular guard was overly... curious.