1- The notebook that started it all

CW: Suicide Attempt, mention of suicide, implication of bullying.

Shigaraki Tomura isn't one to get attached to a person.

He abhors everyone but sensei. He hates everyone who could've saved him when he needed help the most. He hates every civilian and hero that exists. Villains, he could tolerate. They resent heroes too, so they're not the worst. That's the best they'll get out of him, and honestly, they should be grateful.

Vigilantes, on the other hand, are a different topic.

Most of them act heroic, which he hates, but some of them are just there, doing their own thing. Sometimes, though, they meddle into someone's business.

Sometimes his business. He hates it when that happens. They meddle into things that has nothing to do with them. They act like villains with a heroic purpose, which are the kind he hates the most.

He knows that he's using the word hate a lot, but that's how he truly feels. He isn't one to lie about such things.

Each vigilante is different, so he doesn't know what to think for them as a whole. It's confusing. He suppose they just exist, if he were to openly say what he thinks about them. Although there are some vigilantes that are considered more of a villain than a vigilante...

They're too complicated.

Vigilantes are hard to decipher. Period.

Moving on.

Sensei was the only one who saved him, and he was the only person Tomura liked and admired. His likeness for anyone else is slim, if not none.

Kurogiri was his caretaker for many years, and he still doesn't like him. He doesn't need a caretaker, but he got one anyway. He's sensei's successor, the next great evil, and he doesn't need someone taking care of him like he is a child who needs to be watched.

But even after complaining (on multiple occasions and for every he can get), sensei didn't change his mind. Since sensei deemed this to be necessary, he has no choice but to accept it.

In the end, everything sensei decides does tend to end in the best result. Whether the result is in his favor or in Tomura's, he isn't quite sure. Some things sensei has done were not... morally ideal, he'll admit, but reality is anything but kind.

Besides, who is he to talk about morals?

Kurogiri acts like a know-it-all, and he hates him. He hates that arrogant and cocky attitude, for it reminds him of the heroes.

Although sensei had told the two of them to get along, he has no interest in doing so.

Kurogiri is just a NPC—someone who can help him with his quest. Someone with a useful quirk. Sure, he's letting the fact that he's a disgusting caretaker cloud his logical thinking that he is useful and is actually a valuable asset, but still.

He isn't someone Tomura should care about. He's just someone he needs alive and someone he can use. If he's worthless, then he'll throw him out, regardless of what sensei says. That's all there is to it. In the end, Kurogiri is a tool he can dispose of at any moment.

But he knows that deep down, Kurogiri is someone he should keep on his side. His quirk is useful, very useful, and it would be waste to cast it aside, so he knows that he couldn't dump him so easily.

So Tomura supposed he can live.

That damn caretaker should consider himself lucky.

After that, everything was normal. Well, as normal as a villain like him can get. Planning and making the next move, waiting for sensei's orders, killing any heroes he can get his hands on, and trying to get some early potential recruitments. Typical villain stuff.