M-29

Chapter 29: The Dark World
"It's not me!"

Months passed, they have finished their school. Y/N now was focusing on her clan and her soon to be husband.

The months were the Seo went 'missing'. They suddenly went silent without any news. Few days before graduating, she didn't saw Seo Kangmin in the school. It brought up the suspicious. But that secretly gave Y/N a little peace.

Until one day, it stopped.

She woke up being tied on the chair. She could hear a child cries, calling for his mother.

"Finally, the leader is awake."

She heard someone said in sneer tossing on the chair trying to let herself out. "Let me go you bastard!" she screamed.

Someone opened the blindfold making her squint due to the light. After gaining her eyesight, she saw her son was held by the hair with a gun near his head. The child was screaming for her.

Her eyes then diverted to a dead pooled with blood body on the floor near her. She scanned the familiar face that she love, her heart was clenching in pain.

"Hyunsuk!" She screamed in agony as tears fall down from her eyes. She turned to the person who laughed. "You look so pathetic Lee Y/N. Look at your husband, dead." She saw the man smirked. "Now its your son's turn."

"NOOO!" She shrieked. "Don't kill him! Please..." She pleaded looking at her son who was looking help at his mother.

"Step down from the Empire. Let me rule the world then I let your son go."

Y/N can't choose, she didn't want an unfair clan who had thirst only for the power to rule. What will happen to the other clan? What will happen to the Mafia world?

Her thoughts were snap when she heard a loud shot and the boy's cry stopped. She looked at her son's small body fall down in front of her.

"WHYYYYYY?!!!!" She kicked here and there trying to get herself out. She cried out loud. The two of her life was gone, right in front of her eyes.

"Now its your turn." the man pointed his gun at Y/N's forehead. She quivered shutting her eyes ready to feel the pain, but the pain will be ease once she reunited with the loves of her life.

*BANGGGG*

Y/N sprung out from her room running around the mansion searching for someone. She searched here and there but couldn't find. She grabbed her hair as tears falling down.

"Hyunsuk?!" She yelled around the mansion, running in and out. She ran into the living room and saw some members stare at her in shock.

Mashiho who happened to be standing next to her was grabbed by the shoulders. He had his eyes widened looking at her with terror in his eyes. "Where's Hyunsuk?" She asked. Mashiho looked at his friends for help but couldn't do anything but just stare at her.

"I ask, where's Hyunsuk?!" She shrieked pushing him away harshly. "Y/N?" She heard the voice called her. She turned to the voice and threw herself into his arm crying her heart out loud.

"I thought you died! I thought you left me!" She cried into his shoulders. Hyunsuk hugged her back trying to calm her down leaving small kisses in her hair. He looked at his friends. "What happened?" He mouthed. They just raised their shoulder not knowing what actually happened.

He bought her to her room slowly laying on the bed. She refused to let him go so they cuddled. "I dreamed that you died." She voiced. "You were dead beside me. I couldn't save you." She slowly cried again. "O-Our son..." She cried. "I failed to save him... I can't stop the man.." She whimpered.

He rubbed her back soothingly. "I will not leave you. I promised already." He said. "Now get some sleep. You will feel better when you wake up." He feel her shaking her head on his chest. "W-What if the dream came back?"

"Then I will be next to you." He said. He softly caressed her hair, rubbing her back as she slowly fell asleep. Hyunsuk peeked at her face seeing if she was asleep. Y/N was a fast sleeper, she fell asleep as soon as she closed her eyes.

When Hyunsuk heard her soft snores, he slowly let himself out from her wrap trying not to wake her up and slowly went out from her room. He let out a relief sigh as he feel that he had succeed letting her fall into her slumber.

He went downstairs and saw them sitting in the living room with a small box on the table. "What's that?" He pointed walking towards them.

"Don't know. We heard knocking on the door but when we opened there's no one. Only this was found in front of the door." Said Jaehyuk. "Where is Y/N?" He asked. Hyunsuk answered him telling that she had fallen asleep.

"Open it." Hyunsuk ordered as soon as he take a seat beside Junkyu.

When they opened it, it only contain a small pen drive and a piece of note. "I give you one week. -SCM." It stated. Jihoon took his laptop and plugged in the pen drive.

"Oh? It's an audio file." He stated clicking the file and pressed the audio button.

"We have to get her down as soon as possible. A lot of our men went into her clan!" A man shouted. "Why Lee Y/N? There is no female leader in the Mafia Empire!"

"True, why Lee Y/N?" Another voice sighed in annoyance. "Then what do we do now?" The voice asked.

"You are in Lee Empire now. Help us out when we need your help, Junkyu."

The audio stopped right there. All of them snapped their heads towards the mentioned look at him in horror.

"It's not me! That's definitely not me!" Junkyu exclaimed loudly. "Let me explain before all of you jump into conclusions!" He pleaded at Hyunsuk who already stare at him deadly.

Junkyu took a deep breath, "Me and Kangmin are cousins. But because of their dirty works and their lust for powers, we never take them as our blood relatives." He paused.

"After my parents died, he took over my family and I choose to get into Choi Empire. When they knew I got into Y/N's clan, they contacted me to help them to get her down and want to control her. If they get Y/N under them, I don't even know how will this Mafia world will be." He swallowed. "All of you also know that I have been with you guys all the time!" He ended his explains.

They all sighed. "We believe you Junkyu. Why didn't you tell us soon?" Hyunsuk responded. He only sighed in reply. "Then let's not tell Y/N about this. She shouldn't know about this, not right now." Hyunsuk grabbed the small note from the box. "SCM? Who is this?" He asked.

"What I shouldn't know about?"

They all froze when they heard her voice right behind them. No one dare to turn their head to her. Only with her tone, they know that she was about to burst.

They thought Y/N was in her deep sleep, but she woke up when she feel Hyunsuk was not beside her. Feeling scared of her dream, she went out to search for him.

"I ask, what I shouldn't know?!" She raised her voice making them flinched. She walked towards Hyunsuk snatching the note from his hand. Her eyes turned to the audio that was still in view.

She clicked the play button and the audio was once again played. Y/N's eyes flickered towards Junkyu. He could feel the stares on him didn't dare to raise his head. all of them hold their breath, scared of Y/N.

"Y/N, please believe me. It's not me in the audio!" He cried. Y/N just stare at him not opening her mouth. She stormed out from the living room back into her room locking it behind. She was pacing back and forth.

"I have to think another a big plan. They are targeting the boys now." She muttered to herself.

Meanwhile Junkyu broke into tears when he didn't get any responds from Y/N.

"She must think I'm a traitor now!" He cried. "She couldn't accept a betrayer in her clan. I will die in her hands soon!" He panicked.

"I don't think she thinks you like that." Suddenly Jihoon voiced. All of them turned to him.

"If she thinks that you are one, she already kill you on the spot just now."