Epilogue-2

3 years later:

"Samar! Why are you always late ?". Anam enquired when her husband just entered home completely exhausted.

"I'm sorry but I think we cant make it to Hadiyah's aqeeqa ceremony". Samar said stretching his tired muscles.

Anam was already on verge of tears thinking of not being able to attend her niece's aqeeqa ceremony. Hadiyah is Hidayah and Asad's 3 year old daughter to whom Anam loved dearly.

"You promised me you will take me there". Anam's hoarse voice startled him.

"Anam! Why are you crying ? Oh god! I told you to go with Abba, right?". Samar said equally frustrated.

"I wanted to go with you". Anam said wiping her tears.

"Ok ok! Now stop crying. Let me change and we will go". Samar finally gave up which lightened up Anam's sad face.

"You're the best husband". Anam said pecking his cheeks.

"Why do you think I want kids when I already have one?". Samar said playfully but it dropped Anam's smile.

Not being able to conceive yet is a very sensitive topic for Anam. She cried day and night and prayed for a miracle to happen. In this 3 years of their marriage, they have consulted more than ten doctors already but nothing helped.

Looking at Anam's pale face, Samar caressed her cheeks and wiped a tear that just escaped her eyes, "You know I didn't mean that".

"It's okay! I'm not hurt". Anam said with a small smile.

"You know you can't lie to me".

"I'm sorry Samar. I couldn't be able to make you a father".

"Anam! It's not your mistake. I have told you this hundred times. Come on! You are educated and you should know it's not in our hands. In Sha Allah, if it's written for us, nobody can take it away even if it's thousands of miles away. And if it's not written, we won't get it even if it just a foot away. Just pray to Allah and know that nothing is impossible for him. If it's a test then we together will overcome it". Samar said intertwining their hands.

Anam couldn't believe her fate that she can be blessed with a man like Samar. She stared at him drinking all his love which reflects in his eyes.

How on earth did she get this lucky to have such a sensible and an understanding husband?

Samar too looked at her with love dripping from every corner of his heart. They kept staring at each other until what felt like an eternity.

"Thank you for understanding, Samar. Not everyone think the way you do. Not everyone are pleased having a wife who couldn't get pregnant. Let's just face the reality". Anam poured her heart out.

"I agree its a bitter truth of our society that we're living in. But people needs to understand that we can't get more then what is already written for us. If everyone adapt this change then it will be a lot easy to live life and love life". Samar said while Anam put her head on his shoulder. "Aren't you getting late now for Hadiyah's aqeeqa?".

"Yes! You get ready and I'll just wrap up Hadiyah's gifts quickly". Anam said cheerfully completely forgetting her state just a minute ago.

Samar knew how to lift Anam's sullen mood and Hadiyah has always been a good distraction.

***

"Hadi beta! Please take this one scoop". Hidayah said feeding her stubborn daughter.

"Ammi! Where is Abba?". The little Hadiyah enquired.

"He is on his way". Hidayah said feeding her last one scoop of cereal.