Perception.

Chapter 1•

After 15 years:

Falling at her face, the sunshine disturbed her sleep. She opened her eyes slowly to see her Grandmother there, looking at her lovingly.
"My Hida looks more cute while sleeping". Zohra said looking at her grandchild.

"Dadi! There's no class today. Why have you come to wake me up?". Hidayah said zoning out again.

"Hida. Come on. It's 9 beta. You should'nt sleep so late. It will effect your health and also Yahya is waiting for you at the breakfast table". Zohra said getting her off of bed.

"Fine! I'll come for breakfast in 10 minutes Dadi! And tell Abba to not wait for me". Hidayah said going to the restroom.

"Well is that even possible Hida to him have breakfast without you?". Zohra asked her grandchild who was already in the restroom...

"Well no Dadi! I know. OK you go. I'm coming". Hidayah said from the restroom.

Hidayah Siddiqui is doing mechanical engineering in Bangalore and also from banglore originally. She live in a 2 bhk apartmentt with her loveliest Grandmother and caring father, Yahya Siddiqui.

She lost her mother when she was 5 years old to cancer. She miss her terribly but Indeed, to Allah we belong and to him is our return. Although she have a very little memory of her but she admired her mother very much. She pray to Allah in her every prayer to get her a massive place in jannah. In sha Allah!

Her name was her mother's choice which is a combination of her parent's name. Hiba and Yahya.

She feel blessed to be their only child. It was possible for her father to get married again but he didn't wanted to. He couldn't give her mother's place to anyone. She knew her father loved her mother way too much. She had seen him cry longing for his wife at nights when she used to come check on her father. She didn't disturb him. She let him be there with her memories and perhaps, that will make him boost his energy. Sometimes she feels fortunate for her existence. If not her, she wonder how her father would have coped up with the world. Her mother was his only support. After her sudden demise, his world came crashing down. But she vowed to herself to pick each and every pieces and make him strong and Alhamdulillah she was succeeded. She later didn't hear him cry at nights for her. Instead, he talked to her about his wife without feeling sad but was joyous to share their memories together.

Their seperation did hurt him but he decided to live with her memories. Such a pure and sacred love. She someday in her life want to acquire such kind of love which only knows the language of sacrifice and faith...

***

Seattle, Washington city.

"Yes yes Javier. I'll look into the mails". Asad said talking to his assistant on his phone.

"I told you no work at home". Rafeeqa said taking away her son's mobile and disconnecting the call.

"Ammi! That was important". Asad chided.

"Not more than your family. I don't want to see another version of workaholic Sadique at home". Rafeeqa said with a finality in her tone.

"Ok Ammi! Sundays are for you. What's the plan today?". Asad asked his mother calming down because he knew arguing with his mother is of no use.

"Anam was saying about some new mall has been opened so why don't we take a visit there and also we'll shop something for everyone in India". Rafeeqa said excitedly.

"As you wish Ammi". Asad said taking his wallet and car keys.

Asad Rehmani, the only heir of the Rehmani industries living in USA with his family. His mother, Rafeeqa was excited about his son's first visit to India after 15 years. He cracked some projects in India which needed him there. Also she missed everyone there especially her darling, Hidayah. Although they video call each other everyday but the longing to see her only child of her sister didn't go unnoticed by Sadique. He too wanted to visit her and Yahya. But the responsibilities in US didn't help them much.

"It will look great on Hida". Rafeeqa said after picking up a golden colored Salwar kameez from the mall.

"It won't fit her Ammi". Asad said teasingly earning a glare from his mother to which he locked his mouth with action.

"You don't know Bhai, Hidayah looks more gorgeous now". Anam said picking up a blue shawl for her sister cum friend.

Asad knew it wasn't nice of him to bully others and he feels awful for having made Hidayah cry because of him back in time. He will even ask for her forgiveness if he, by any chance get to meet her. He had once saw her talking to his mother on a video chat. She has been completely changed now. He had lowered his gaze the minute their eyes met.

"yeah I was kidding". Asad said

"When did you see her Bhai?". Anam asked her brother.

"When you guys video chat with her". He said absentmindedly.

"Ohh so someone is interested in our chats". Anam said teasingly.

"Shut up Anam. She's also my cousin and also It's not a big deal". He said earning her giggle.

******