Chapter 2 - Part 1

...

Dark...

...

Afloat...

...

Lost...

Three words, enough to describe my predicament now. Though floating through the darkness I see a bright light, closer and closer each passing second. And unknowingly, turned H E L L I S H   R E D.

"They are coming..."

That voice, this sensation, and... No, I won't go back there and experience it all over again. Please...

Trigtharath's perspective

I woke up, only to be greeted by the red, cloudy sky and brimstone. I am back on Hell once more. At a point, I'm no longer surprised, I'm always returned here for some reason whenever I came out to check on other dimensions. Familiarizing myself, I noticed red glows. Argent is surging everywhere as usual, but this is a different case. Demons ranging from imps to mancubuses to cacodemons alike summoned.

I got my reaper and prepare for the worst, and one of the mancubus abruptly exploded, then demons near the dead burst into a bloody mist, of course with sounds of a gun. There I saw the Doom Slayer and Raven running and gunning, well mostly Slayer. After the little chaos, we got the yellow skull and opened the door. We spotted a Slayer testament and activated it, a dark voice spoke about him, his journey, and the night sentinels.

Raven: You still got ammo for the chaingun?

I looked at him and nodded. Understanding the weight of a fully-loaded chaingun, one-third is left in the drum. I brought my hand out, hopefully recognizing what it meant. Raven know of this action and gave me more ammunition for my chaingun before leaving the cave.

I sensed high amounts of Argent waves emitting from the area. I clicked using my jaw and Raven immediately responded by charging his plasma rifle. The Doom Slayer took notice of his companion's actions and loaded his double-barreled shotgun. We arrived at the area and a variety of demons were summoned. And there I saw the summoner who had eyes on us, but mostly me. It raised its hands and pointed at me.

Summoner: T R A I T O R

Demons chanted and charged at us as we separated and deal with them. The Slayer and Raven took care of the summoned demons while I'm face to face with the summoner alone because of our unfinished business.

It charged an attack and summoned a couple of fodder demons. I dodged its attack, raised my chaingun, and killed all of the summoned demons before focusing on the summoner, who is behind me. I jumped forward before the strike connects and unloaded bullets into its head. It didn't like the fact that I made it swallow lead, so it teleported somewhere else. But to my surprise, it somehow accidentally popped in before the Slayer. He immediately fired a half-charged gauss shot to the face, staggering the poor demon. Slayer immediately punched its face, knocking it down. Before he could kill it I sprinted to them and immediately stomped the summoner's head with such force the head exploded into a bloody pulp. I looked at the Doom Slayer and was not impressed with my actions, yet understands why I did it. We left the area and  entered the ruins.

I had ammunition, armor, and a teleport rune. We took what we need and stepped in the rune, sending us to an enclosed area, iron bars, and a blue skull. Raven took the privilege to acquire the skull and met with demons at the other side of the opening bars. Qe quickly dealt with the threat, came to the blue door, and opened it. We still got a long way to go.