Stolen Curse

Roslynn's POV

I woke up, groaning. I looked around me and saw fire in the distance. "Fire?" I mumbled. I got up and leaned against a tree. I felt a presence behind me and I was alert. I listened around me and heard a branch break. I turned around and slammed the person against a tree. "Woah, I come in peace." He said. "Klaus I'm presuming." I said, not letting him go. "The one and only." He said. "What do you want?" I asked. "I'm here with a proposition." He said. "Whatever it is, I don't want it. I'm not betraying my friends." I said. "Even if it means your curse won't be lifted?" He asked. I shoved him even more. "What do you know about my curse?" I asked. "I know that whoever you love, if they get hurt you feel it. And since I know you love Elena and she's a necessary key to breaking my curse you will feel it." He said. I just glared at him. "So my offer is, I have my witch break your curse." He smirked. "For what? For me to join your team? I'm never abandoning my family just to break my curse." I spat. He just chuckles and pins me to the tree. He started choking me. "I gave you the chance. But now instead of just feeling your friend die. You will have to watch it." He hissed. I just spit in his face. "If you really think you will win. You're mistaken." I smirked. He just banged my head into the tree and I blacked out. When I came to, I looked around to see rings of fire. Rings of fire? Didn't both Bonnie and Grams say something about circles of fire? What was it? Sacrifices, lovers torn apart. Family members getting ripped away. Ok, sacrifices, that could mean the vampire, werewolf and Elena. Lovers torn apart? Maybe Matt and Caroline since their relationship is on the rocks right now. Family members getting ripped away? I looked around and saw Elena and Jenna. "Elena? What's going on?" I asked. "Jenna. She's a vampire." Elena answered. I looked at her shocked. This is what Grams meant when she said that the man won.

No matter what, Klaus is gonna win. I looked around in fear. Who's the werewolf? "Elena, is there a werewolf here?" I asked. She shook her head. I took in a deep breath and sighed. Elena's pacing in her ring, Jenna's kneeling in hers. "How are you feeling?" Elena asked Jenna. "I feel like myself...Only not. Everything is brighter. The fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything." Jenna answered. "Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts." I explained, poking at the ground. "I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Jenna asked, fear and sadness in her voice. "No! Jenna, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do." Elena said. If only she knew what I did. Suddenly the sounds of twigs snapping caught our attention. I heard Jules's groans. "Who's that?" Jenna asked. "That must be the werewolf." Elena said. "Jules!" I called out. My ring of fire flames brighter and closes me in. I groaned in pain. "What's happening to me?" Jules asked. "I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free." Greta explained. "Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed." Elena said. "My duty is to Klaus! The new order." Greta said. My mark grew brighter and soon Klaus entered. "Glad to know I still have a dance partner." Klaus said. He looked at Elena, Jenna, Jules and I with a smirk. "Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?" Klaus asked.

Jules looked at me in pain. "Everything I did...I was just trying to help Tyler." Jules said. "Are you ok Jules?" I asked. "I didn't want him to be alone!" She said. "I know. And he won't be alone. I promise I will always be there for him." I said, crying. I know what's about to happen next. Klaus walked up to her ring and looked down. "Shall we?" He asked. The ring of fire around her disappeared. Jules's eyes turned yellow and she used her werewolf speed to rush at Klaus. But Klaus gets the upper hand and pins her to the ground. He plunged his hand into her chest and I screamed. He ripped her heart out and Jules took her final breath, tears streaming down her face and died. I felt her last breath and let the tears fall. Klaus breathes heavily as he holds the bloody heart in his hands. Greta continues to chant the spell while Klaus holds Jules's heart over the ceremonial bowl, squeezing the blood into the flames. "Does that mean it's working?" He asked. "It's working." She said, I just cried. "The day that the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to become your guardian, you know what my first thought was? Isn't there someone else who can do this?" Jenna said to Elena. "Jenna, there was no one else who could have gotten me and Jeremy through all of that." Elena said. "It's just the thought that I almost passed up taking care of you." Jenna said. "But you didn't. You put your entire life on hold to help us." Elena said. I could tell that they were both on the verge of crying. "Look around, Elena. I failed you." She said. "No. You didn't. I failed you. I'm so sorry. Listen. Being a vampire, it intensifies your guilt. But it also makes you stronger and faster. You can fight back. I'm gonna get through this. I'll be ok. I need you to believe that. Promise me, when you get the chance...Run." Elena suggested.