Quidditch Darlings

Start from the beginning

        Wood cleared his throat for silence. 
        "OK, men,"he said. 
        "And women,"said Chaser Angelina Johnson as she reminded him of the female players in the team. 
        "And women,"Wood agreed. "This is it." And the Weasley twins began.
        "The big one," said Fred. 
        "The one we’ve all been waiting for,"said George. 
        "We know Oliver’s speech by heart," Fred told Harry. "We were in the team last year." But Oliver heard this.
        "‘Shut up, you two," said Oliver. "This is the best team Gryffindor’s had in years. We’re going to win. I know it."He glared at us all as if to say, 'Or else.’ , as I glared back, making him feel scared."Right. It’s time. Good luck, all of you."We followed Fred and George out of the changing room and, hoping our knees weren’t going to give way, walked on to the pitch to loud cheers. We were below the stadium as Oliver talked specifically to Harry and me.
        "Scared, Potters? "asked Oliver.
        "A little."answered Harry.
        "Don't ask."I replied.
        "It's alright. I felt the same way before my first game"said Oliver as Harry looked at him curiously. Please don't ask him Harry, don't But, we all know what an idiot he is.
        "What happened?"he asked Oliver.
        "I... uh... I don't really remember... Took a Bludger to the head two minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later."he replied as Harry gulped.The doors opened as we mounted our brooms, soaring in the sky. The match was being refereed by Madame Hooch, and commented by Lee Jordon.
        "Hello! Welcome to Hogwart's first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game: Slytherin vs. Gryffindor!"said Lee, as the crowd cheered.We took our positions, as from the corner of my eye I saw the fluttering banner high above, flashing Potters for Presidents over the crowd. I smiled.Must be Hermione at work."The players take their positions, as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game!"he said. 
        "Now, I want a nice clean game... from all of you"she said as she specifically looked at the Slytherins.
        "The Bludgers are up, followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the Snitch is worth a hundred and fifty points. The Seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game. The Quaffle is released, and the game begins! "said Lee.
        "And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor"said Lee as he began to comment."And she’s really belting along up there, a neat pass to Alicia Spinnet, a good find of Oliver Wood’s, last year only a reserve – back to Johnson and – no, Slytherin have taken the Quaffle, Slytherin captain Marcus Flint gains the Quaffle and off he goes – Flint flying like an eagle up there – he’s going to sc– no, stopped 
by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Wood and Gryffindor take the Quaffle – that’s Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and – OUCH – that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger – Quaffle taken by Slytherin – that’s Adrian Pucey speeding off towards the goalposts, but he’s blocked by a second Bludger – sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can’t tell which – nice play by the Gryffindor Beater, anyway, and Johnson back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes – she’s really flying – dodges a speeding Bludger – the goalposts are ahead – come on, now, Angelina – Keeper Bletchley dives – misses – GRYFFINDOR 
SCORE!Angelina Johnson scores! Ten points for Gryffindor!"yelled Lee, as I clapped along with the Gryfindors. Gryffindor cheers filled the cold air, with howls and moans from the Slytherins. 
        I used the binoculars, as I pecked up at the sky and saw Harry as a speck. Way up above them, Harry was gliding over the game, squinting about for some sign of the Snitch. This was part of his and Oliver's game plan. He wanted Harry to stay out of the way, until he saw the snitch, and as for me, he wanted me to be ready with my Nimbus 2000, so any moment, a player fell, got injured, or backed out, I would have to join the game.
        "Slytherin takes possession of the Quaffle. Bletchley passes to Captain Marcus Flint."said Lee, as he dropped the quaffle, and with a bling Alicia Spinnet threw the quaffel through the left loop."Another ten points to Gryffindor!"said Lee. Our score was Gryfindor in the lead with 20-0. Slytherin in possession,’ Lee Jordan was saying. "Chaser Pucey ducks two Bludgers, two Weasleys and Chaser Bell and speeds towards the – wait a moment – was that the Snitch?" he said. A murmur ran through the crowd as Adrian Pucey dropped the Quaffle, too busy looking over his shoulder at the flash of gold that had passed his left ear. Harry saw it. In a great rush of excitement he dived downwards after the streak of gold. Slytherin Seeker Terence Higgs had seen it, too. Neck and neck they hurtled towards the Snitch – all the Chasers seemed to have forgotten what they were supposed to be doing as they hung in mid-air to watch. Harry was faster than Higgs – he could see the little round ball, wings fluttering, darting up ahead – he put on an extra spurt of speed – WHAM! A roar of rage echoed from below – Marcus Flint had blocked Harry on purpose and Harry’s broom span off course, Harry holding on for dear life. Seriously, Marcus is going to get it from me. A roar of rage came from the Gryfindors, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. 
        "Foul!"screamed the Gryffindors. Madam Hooch spoke angrily to Flint and then ordered a free shot at the goalposts for Gryffindor. But in all the confusion, of course, the Golden Snitch had disappeared from sight again.Lee Jordan was finding it difficult not to take sides. 
        "So – after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating – "he commented as I saw Minerva scolding him."I mean, after that open and revolting foul –All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I’m sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Spinnet, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue play, Gryffindor still in possession. "The Slytherins decided to get messy.Flint took the club from one of the bludgers, and aimed the bludger at Oliver. Oliver got hit by the bludger, and fell down, as the crowd oooooooohed. 
        I mounted my broom and flew in the air, as Wood, told me to take the position of chaser as soon as possible. The Slytherins cornered Alicia as she dropped the quaffel and fell down. I caught hold of the quaffel, and meandered my way through the flying Slytherins, towards the goalposts. Suddenly I saw Harry get thrown off the broom, as he dangled holding his broom.What is happening, and I decided to concentrate on the game. I went on scoring the goals much to the grimace, and grief of the Slytherins.
        Suddenly, Harry was on his broom, as he followed the Slytherin seeker, Terrence Higgs. They bammed and whammed with him. They lowered as the Slytherins and we Gryfindor chasers, went on scoring goals, when I saw Higgs backing away. Harry went on for the snitch,speeding towards the ground.He stood up and went to catch it and toppled down, clutching his stomach. He got up and vomitted something out of his mouth.The snitch popped out landing onto his gloved hands.
        "He's got the Snitch! Harry Potter receives one hundred and fifty points for catching the Snitch!"cheered Lee, as we stopped playing applauding him. 
        "He didn’t catch it, he nearly swallowed it," Flint howled, but Madam Hooch ignored him, as she flew blowing her whistle.
        "Gryffindor wins!"she said.
        "Go go Gryfindor! Go go Gryfindor!"we chanted as Minerva giggled, as Snape and the Slytherins booed. I saw Malfoy, and gave him a take that you bullying git look as he rolled his eyes. Yeah!