Episode 3: Young Maya Lopez

Start from the beginning

"Is your Uncle, The Kingpin?"

Maya lowered her eyes and nodded.

Clint sent a nervous look at the screen and muttered something incohorent.

"Maya, you're up," the instructor spoke as the scene changed. Maya stood up and faced her opponent. Children sat in a circle around the pair. The child Maya was going against shook his head slightly as he noticed her prosthetic leg.

"Why is he underestimating you?" Sam stared frustrated at the screen and Maya frowned.

"And bow," the instructor spoke, "Ready? Fight!"

Children exclaimed as Maya easily pushed her opponent to the ground. She smiled proudly.

Everyone stared at the screen with pride. Maya smirked.

Punk rock music played as the scene showed an older Maya Lopez. She sighed as she punched and kicked a man in a boxing ring. He grunted as he fell on the ropes. She smirked as he strepped forward again, she saw his shaking hands and predicted his next move: flipping him over her back.

"Hey! Good fight," Steve gave his thumbs up to Maya who raised her eyebrows and smiled in amusement.

She laughed slightly as she looked down at him. She pointed to her eyes and back at him again, 'I see you'.

Bucky chuckled warmly at this.

She walked away and the scene changed to her parking her motorbike-

"Nice bike," Sam nodded in appreciation.

-outside an auto repair shop. She takes off her helmet and gasped as she noticed something wrong. Maya ran and put her back against the garage door as she saw blood splatter against the windows.

"Oh," Clint narrowed his eyebrows as he realised who the killer was.

She ducked and stepped to the side of the building. Her eyes widened as she saw a man with a sword murder someone through the window.

Nat looked over at Clint and watched him sadly. His eyes were dripping with guilt.

She creeped past the window as the man killed more people.

Maya kicked open the door with a grunt and scowled at the scene before her. The assassin's victims groaned in agony.

"Oh my God," Shuri gasped at the scene, as Vision's eye's widened.

She hid behind a wall and gasped as she saw her father get impaled by a sword. She rushed forward to help him as the assassin escaped.

Wanda covered her mouth with her hand in shock while Bucky scratched his head nervously.

Nat looked over at Maya and offered her hand for Maya to hold if she needed it.

She looked down at Nat's hand and took it as a sob escaped her. Tears flowing down her face.

She kneeled down beside her father and tried to stop the bleeding. Her face full of concern and worry.

Everyone stared sadly at the screen. It was painful to watch.

"Please just go," Maya's father signed, wincing.

"I won't leave you," tear's flowed down Maya's cheeks.

Maya squeezed Natasha's hand as she weeped.

"I'm already gone," her father cried, "fly away from here... little dragon."

Thor lowered his eye's and bowed his head respectfully, frowning at his hands.

Maya sobbed as her father placed his hand on her face gently. She watched as the life drained from her father's eyes. His hand dropping from her face, leaving a bloody handprint.

Maya couldn't watch anymore. She dropped her face in her hands and leaned against Natasha as she hugged the woman she met only moments ago.

She pulled her father's lifeless body into an embrace, a waterfall of tears flowing down her cheeks.

The screen went black as the title 'Hawkeye' was shown.

Maya looked up and exhaled deeply, wiping her eye's with the back of her sleeve. She smiled in thanks as Ned gave her a bottle of water.

"Maya," Clint signed and spoke as he turned to look at the grieving woman, "I know that nothing I say will make any of this better. But, I truly am sorry. I'm so sorry."

Maya noticed the sincerity in his guilt-ridden expression and nodded slowly.

'I know," she signed, before holding Nat's hand again: for the support.