7- Two Became Three

I reserved the penthouse suite at the nicest hotel in town and planned my pregnancy reveal. I felt so free, and my baby was giving me so much life. Now that I no longer had to worry about Mike and Jasmine lingering in the back of my mind, I was unstoppable. Before long, I had the whole shebang planned, and I was on the phone with Caleb, dusting off my acting skills, telling him that the planners had screwed up my party plans and I needed him here with me. He was angry, just as I expected, and after quickly calming him down, he was walking out the door and onto a jet.

My excitement overtook me because I only slept a total of three hours. I still had a few hours before I had to meet Caleb at the airport, so I took a nice hot shower and washed my hair, then I ran to Walmart and grabbed all my supplies. Balloons and streamers in the prettiest shades of blue and pink I could find, and I bought a white onesie that I tricked out to say, 'Our Second Chance!!!'. I placed my sonogram in the bottom of the gold gift box, then folded the onesie and placed it on top. As I tied up the fancy purple bow for the gift, my excitement grew more and more. I went to the beauty shop to get a touch-up on my hair and nails, then bought myself a new dress and a new pair of shoes. By the time I was finished with everything, I could finally feel how tired I was. Let's not forget that I was starving.

Caleb had called me just as I was getting out of the shower to let me know that the jet had just landed, and my giddiness returned. I hadn't felt this way since I gave him my virginity on graduation night. I was dressed in a strapless, hip-hugging,  rose-colored ankle-length button-down dress with some strappy silver Manolo Blahniks, and my new platinum jewelry pieces, gifts from Caleb, completed my look. As I glided through the hotel lobby, all eyes were on me, and the moment my ass hit the seat, I was speeding towards the airport. I went directly where I knew he would be, and the moment I saw him, my tummy was in flutters.

"I know it, Kid. I feel the same way."

I didn't know if I was baking up a boy or a girl, all that mattered was I was carrying a child by the man that I loved, and that child be born healthy. Caleb was dressed comfortably in a black Armani suit, a sky-blue button-down shirt, and some blue suede loafers; he looked damn good. I pulled the car up right beside him, and instead of him getting in the car, he walked around to my side, opened my door, and stared at me while licking his lips.

"Come here, woman!!"

He extended his hand, helped me out of the car and our lips crashed into each other like it's been an eternity since we've last seen each other.

"Mmm, I missed you, bunny. Don't leave me for so long ever again." He whispered the words in my ear, and I laughed while I also melted at the same time.

"Caleb, it's only been two days."

"Two days is still too long. I can't wait to get you to that hotel room, I'm wearing that ass out tonight." I shuddered at his erotic guarantee.

He helped me into the car, and we coasted down the highway. As we rode, Caleb rested his hand on my thigh, and every part of me felt alive. In the ten years that I was with Mike, I wasn't free to do or say much of anything that pleased me but being back with Caleb made me feel like the old Selena again, and I was digging it. I had made dinner reservations at the Magnolia Lounge and decided to drop hints about his surprise via a few nostalgic gifts that were sure to warm his heart. I had told him that a surprise was waiting for him upstairs, and he berated me with questions on the entire elevator ride to the top floor.

"Give me a little hint, babe. Is it a sexy surprise?" I buttoned my lips tight and held on to the three small gift bags even tighter. I had to pop his hands because he was trying to sneak a peek. This child knew that I was in close vicinity of its father because my stomach was flipping like crazy.