twenty five

"Again?" Hermione asked. "You mean, the Chamber of secrets has been opened before?"

"That's what I just said." Heather tells her.

"Of course. Don't you see?' Ron says. "Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here and now he's taught Draco how to do it."

Heather gave him a look not believing him.

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." Hermione said as she poured part of the potion in.

Heather doesn't think that Lucius was the one to open it. When she heard Ron ask about why they were in the girls lavatory she looked up smiling. "Ron, no one doesn't come in here all because of Myrtle."

"Who?"

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione said.

When she heard Ron ask who again, Myrtle appeared behind him. She smiled as she looked at the ghost. They watched her talk bad about herself then screamed before going the bathroom stall that she came from. "Myrtle is very sensitive." Hermione tells him.
~~~
In class, Heather listened to Lockhart talking about what they were doing that day. She watched as he took off his cloak and toss it making her gag at the girls drooling over him. When they saw Snape walk up, Heather smirked. "This is going to be very interesting." She tells her friends.

When the duel started, Heather covered her mouth as their professor was knocked down. "Is he alright?"

"Who cares?"

Heather rolled her eyes at them. She looked at them as she heard them talking about the students causing Lockhart to pick two students. Heather and Ron, but as Heather walked up to the stage, it was Malfoy as Ron's wand would have harmed her. "Oh great." She mumbled.

"Good luck, Potter."

"Uh huh."

She didn't like the smirk on Malfoy's face, but listened to her teacher as she raised her wand and did exactly what Lockhart and Snape did. She walked away and turned when she was ready. Once Lockhart started counting, Malfoy casted the first spell on Heather. "Everte Statum!"

Heather fly back and landed causing her to raise up. "Why that spoiled brat?" She mumbled as she stood up. "Rictusempra!" She said causing Malfoy to get flown back, but land on his butt causing Heather to smile proudly.

When Malfoy was pulled up by an upset Snape just to point his wand at Heather causing her ready to fire back. "I said disarm only."

"Serpensortia!"

A snake appeared from Malfoy's wand causing Heather to get out of her defense mode and stare at the snake. She didn't do anything to the snake as she started walking towards it talking in another language she never knew she could do. Snape watched as she got close to the snake, but the snake looked at her before the snake was killed causing her to blank as if she was in a trance. "What are you playing?"

Heather looked at George slightly afraid of what she just did.
~~~
"You're a parselmouth?" Ron says as he grabs Heather.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"What are you talking about?" Heather asked confused for once.

"You can talk to snakes." Hermione says.

"So that explains the python." She said causing her to see the looks on her friends face. "I accidentally set a python on my cousin, Dudley at the zoo once." Ron looked at Hermione. "I said once. So what? I bet you that there is loads of people here can do it."

"No, they can't." Hermione tells her. "It's not a very common gift, Heather. This is bad."

"How is it bad? If I hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin..."

"Oh, that's what you said to it." Ron said causing Heather to glare. "You were there."

"You heard me." Heather said.

"I heard you speaking Parseltongue." Ron said. "Snake language."

Heather didn't know what to say. "I spoke a different language?" She said as Ron nodded. "I didn't know... How can I speak in a different language without knowing that I can?"

"I don't know, Heather." Hermione says. "But it sounded like you were egging the snake on. Heather, listen to me." Hermione said as Heather looked at her with tears in her eyes. "There's a reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent. Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth. He could talk to snakes too."

"Exactly. Now the whole school is going to think you're his great-great-great-granddaughter or something." Ron tells her.

"I'm not though!" Heather tells him. "I just can't be."

"He lived a thousand years ago." Hermione says. "For all we know, you could be."

Heather ran away as she didn't like what she just heard.
~~~
George found Heather sitting by herself and walked to her. She stared at the black lake wiping away her tears. "There you are." He said causing her to look up. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Ron told me that I'm..."

"Parseltongue. Yeah, everyone knows." He tells her.

"Hermione is thinking that I could be Salazar's great-great-great granddaughter and I know better than that. There has to be another reason why I speak that language." She tells him in tears. "There just has to be."

"I believe so too." He said. "Come here."

Heather leaned against George as she cried. George held her as Fred stood there watching them with sadness. He believes Heather too. There has to be another reason why she speaks that language, but he knows that Heather Potter will find out that reason too. She's smart and she knows it.

George picked Heather up as she fell asleep and carried her to the room with Fred. "She'll find the answers as to why she speaks that language. If we have too, we may just help."

"I was either way." George says as they walked in. "She'll just have to tell me when and I'll do whatever I can to help her."