seven

Heather was up early the next day as she helped Oliver with a box. She didn't know what was in it, but she was wondering what was in the box. "Quidditch is easy enough to understand." Oliver tells her. "Each time has seven players, 3 chasers, 2 beaters, 1 keeper and a seeker that's you. There are three kinds of balls." He picks up a red one."This one's called the Quaffle. Now, the chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops." Heather looked at the faraway Quidditch pitch. "The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops." He throws the ball to Heather. "With me so far?"

"Yeah, I think so." She says than noticed two chained squirming balls. "Um, what are those?"

"You better take this." He hands Heather a small bat. He bends down and releases one ball. With an angry growl, it flies off into the air. The two boys watch it. "Careful now, it's comin' back." The balls comes whizzing down, and Heather cracks at it with the bat. The ball soars off through a statue.

"Eh, not bad, Potter, you'd make a fair beater...Uh-oh." The ball zooms down, and Oliver grabs it, wriggling to get it back in the box. He succeeds and is out of breath. "Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But the only ball I want you to worry about is this...the Golden Snitch." He hands Heather a walnut sized golden ball.

"I like this one." She tells him.

"Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see." Oliver tells her.

"Okay, let me rephrase that.' Heather says. "What do I do with this?"

"You catch it...before the other team's seeker. You catch this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter, and we win." Olive replies.

The ball flutters out two delicate wings and jumps into the air. Heather keeps an eye on it. She smiled as she knew this was going to be one of her favorite things about Hogwarts.
~~~
In professor Flitwick's class, Heather watched their teacher who is short and can't be seen behind all his books. "One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?"

Hermione raises hers. Heather rolled her eyes. "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone." They all did it. "The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then."

Heather started practicing when she heard Hermione getting praised for getting her feather floating. She went to say it when the feather beside her exploded. "Oh my god." Heather said as she looked at the professor. "I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor."
~~~
After class, Heather was walking as Ron was mocking Hermione. Heather went to say something when Hermione brush past her. "Ron, I think she heard you." Heather said.
~~~
That night, everyone was eating dinner, but Hermione. Heather looked at Neville. "Have you seen, Hermione?" She asked him.

"Parvati Patil said that she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon...crying." Neville tells her.

Heather and Ron exchange looks just as Professor Quirrell runs into the dining hall. "TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROOLLL IN THE DUNGEON!" He said as everyone stopped talking. "I thought you should know."

Everyone screamed after the professor fainted. "SILENCE!" Dumbledore tells them. "Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons."

Heather stood up with Ron and followed Percy.
~~~
As the two were following their housemates. Heather heard Percy telling them to follow. "How could a troll get in?" Heather asked in confusion.

"Not by itself. Trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes." Ron says as Heather stopped and grabbed Ron as she suddenly remembered a missing person. "What?"

"Hermione." Heather said. "She probably doesn't know or she's in danger."

As soon as she said that, the two ran off, down corridors. They start running down a hall when they stop, because there is a grunting noise. Heather pulls Ron into a doorway and a large, ugly troll thunks by into a room.

"He's going into the girls bathroom." Heather said.
~~~
The two ran into the bathroom after hearing Hermione scream. Heather spotted Hermione. "Move!" She tells her just as the troll smashed the stalls.

"Help! Help!" Hermione said.

"Hey! Pea brain!" Ron says catching the trolls attention as he threw a piece of wood.

Heather not thinking grabs onto the troll's club. She was shocked as the troll lifted the club up with her holding on. "A little help here." She said as she landed on the troll's head. She was grabbed by the troll and hung upside down before shoving her wand in its nose. "Gross."

"Ew." Ron replies.

Heather landed on the ground to see the troll with his club. "You have got to be kidding." She jumped up than down dodging the troll's club. "Do something, Ron!"

"What?'

"Anything!" She tells him.

Heather didn't pay attention as she was more worried about her life. She heard Hermione say swish and flick. The next thing she knows the troll's club floated up in the air before it landed on the troll's head. Heather sighed as she looked at Ron. "Is it..dead?"

"Nah." Heather tells her. "Just knocked out."

The three saw McGonagall and the other professors run in making the three look terrified of being in trouble.

"Oh! Oh, my goodness! E-Explain yourselves, both of you!" McGonagall tells them.

"Well, what it is..." Ron and Heather tried to say before Hermione spoke.

"It's my fault, Professor McGonagall." Hermione tells them.

"What?" Heather said in shock.

"Ms. Granger?" McGonagall says in shock.

"I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Heather and Ron hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead."

"Be that as it may...it was an extremely foolish thing to do." McGonagall says as Heather looks at Snape's leg...which has a large cut on it. Snape notices and covers it up, glaring at Heather.

"I would have expected more rational behaviour on your part, Ms. Granger. 5 points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment. As for you two, I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a full grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. 5 points...will be awarded to each of you. For sheer dumb luck." Snape and McGonagall exit.

The three walked away knowing that after tonight, they were now friends.