Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Once George finished working on Stephanie's violin, and she played a few notes to make sure everything was in fine working order, she began heading back to the Royal Academy to finally get some practice in. However, she was about halfway there when her phone suddenly buzzed with an incoming call.

Stephanie took out her phone and smiled brightly when she saw it was a FaceTime call from her friend Morgan. She immediately sat down on a nearby bench before answering.

"Hey Morgan," Stephanie smiled and waved the moment her friend's face appeared onscreen.

"OH MY GOD, Steph!" Morgan shouted immediately, looking terribly excited about something. Morgan's shoulder-length brown hair and beautiful face hadn't changed a bit, and Stephanie suddenly felt homesick for her and her friends back in Boston.

"Whoa there. What's wrong?" Stephanie asked, giggling slightly in alarm.

"Like you don't know!" Morgan insisted, pointing at the phone screen in mock accusation. "You were on the BBC yesterday and didn't tell me! Marcus said he saw you on their Instagram page today and I told him he was crazy. But he was right!"

"Oh, that," Stephanie rolled her eyes, pretending to seem uninterested. "It wasn't that big a deal."

"What are you talking about? Of course it's a big deal! How did you even get the opportunity to play on the BBC? Tell me everything!"

Stephanie gave her a rather general explanation about how her friend Lydia let her practice at the Royal Academy, and that the BBC people were just there one day and needed a violinist to play alongside the pianist they were making a documentary about. Morgan didn't know who Kyle Lancaster was, though, and she didn't ask, so Stephanie didn't go into detail about him. She felt thankful for that, too, since she wasn't sure if she wanted Morgan to know about her rather complicated relationship with him.

"It sounds like you're having such an amazing time over there," Morgan said, pouting slightly. "I'm so jealous. I can't wait to see you again so you can tell me about all the awesome adventures you're having."

"You can count on it," Stephanie agreed, grinning. "I'll see you at the wedding?"

"Of course," Morgan said, suddenly lighting up. "Tish and I have really gotten into planning recently. Did I tell you I picked out my dress already?"

"Oh my God, no! Tell me all about it!" Stephanie insisted excitedly.

Morgan began to go into what her wedding dress looked like, and Stephanie listened with rapt attention, happy to see her best friend so excited about getting married. Marcus was a great guy, and even though his and Morgan's relationship started off in an unconventional way (though Stephanie doubted anyone else apart from herself knew), they were clearly very happy together. Stephanie couldn't have wished for more for her friend.

The two of them chatted about wedding stuff for the next half hour or so before they said goodbye, and Stephanie made her way back to the Academy, feeling light and happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The entrance hall of the Royal Academy was a bit more crowded than it had been when Stephanie left, which made sense since it was now early afternoon and classes were currently going on. Stephanie figured Lydia was likely upstairs, and she wondered if she could pop by to say hello before finding a practice room.

Stephanie made her way down the corridor toward the staircase, and was rather surprised to notice some more people wearing BBC shirts and headsets milling around and talking with each other. They must have been filming something for Kyle again today, and Stephanie had a sudden urge to see what was going on.