fourth year

Monday, school morning and another year at Hogwarts. Father didn't care to look for me, he wasn't home the weekend.

I waited on platform 9 3/4 for Hogwarts express, I learned to always come early or I won't get a free cabin for myself.
I saw Harry, Hermione and Ron approaching me, all three of them looked rather traumatized.

"Hey." Harry said, his voice was shaky.
I was holding back my tears, I remembered how he needed my help on Friday, he was unconscious and I walked away. But did I had a choice?

I was too embarrassed to look him in the eyes, suddenly he hugged me tight, it felt right. I rested my arms around his shoulders while he was holding my head with one arm the other on my waist.

Ron let out a caugh so Harry let go off me and with that the train arrived on time.
We rushed in the train and found a perfect cabinet for us, we all sat down and I let out a sigh.

Hermione was reading the newspaper, the front page was about what has happened at the Quidditch game.
The lady walking with the sweets trolley came by our cabin, Ron bought himself something and Harry stood in the doorframe. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he ignored the sweets lady, he looked directly at a girl, I remember her from somewhere...

Long black hair and bangs, I think her name was Cho, I saw her with Cedric the last time.

I pulled Harry by his jacket back inside the cabinet, he sat himself down again.

Ron was eating his lickerish wand, "This is horrible" Hermione scoffed as she put the newspaper on the table.
"How can the ministry not know who conjured it?" She added.
I felt guilt running down my spine, I don't know the man either but I had the chance to ask.

Harry was slightly scratching his scar, Hermione seemed to notice as well, "It's hurting again, isn't it?" She asked.
"I'm fine." Harry said.

I looked outside the window, snow covered everything even though it's autumn. Dementors doubled, no tripled themselves, they're the reason it's cold.

"You know Sirius would like to know this, what you saw at the world cup and dream." Hermione calmly said to Harry.

Hermione was right, if Sirius can help this might also help me to figure out the plan, Harry began to write the letter. Whilst he did so, I asked him about the dream.

Harry gave the letter Hedwig and it flew away, " An old Muggle, perhaps the caretaker checked the rooms at nighttime, he stopped at one room, the door was left open. Inside were two grown man, one of them Peter Pettigrew, on a chair was a creature, rather disformed. A snake slithered in the room, I heard the creature talk to it, that's when they noticed the Muggle and killed him.".

"Do you think the creature happens to be Voldemort? I mean he could talk to snakes as well?" I asked, Harry shrugged with his shoulders.

We arrived at the platform, Harry helped me carry my suitcase. "Look, Malfoy's coming, hide!" Ron joked, but I looked at him furiously.

"You forgot something in my room." Draco said and reached me my wand, I completely forgot about it.
Draco laughed viciously and left.

All three pair of eyes wandered on me in shock, Harry, Hermione and Ron all of them confused.
Right, they don't know I was at the game as well, with draco and the others and also stayed at their mansion.

I explained them everything, how I sneaked out, how I met Viktor and Ron completely freaked out on this detail.
I did left out a few things they shouldn't know, like the deatheater thing.

We left the suitcases by the entrance door, Mr Filch brings them into our dorms during dinner.

I decided to sit at Gryffindor table today, Harry made me sit beside him.
The new First years got sorted in, many of them were put into Hufflepuff, how cute.

"Now, I'd like to make an announcement." Dumbledore said and all students attention was on him.
"I heard Viktor Krum is coming to Hogwarts!" Ron whispered excited.

"Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event." Dumbledore continued, "The Triwizard tournament!" He announced.

The students cheered, Fred and George Weasley highfived, "Bloody brilliant!" they said.

Dumbledore caught the attention of the students again to continue his speech, "The Triwizard tournament brings together three schools, for a serious and magical contest. Now let me welcome the ladies of Beauxbatons Academy of magic!" He said and the main door opened.

Girls in blue uniforms entered elegantly the Great hall, their hair was put together in a low ponytail and on top a blue hat. "Bloody hell." Ron said and watched the ladies, flattered was he.

Butterflies and classic music filled the room, the headmastress miss Maxime followed her students, she was unbelievably tall.

"Now our friends from the North, please greet the proud scent of Durmstrang and headmaster Igor Karkaroff!" Dumbledore announced.

Disciplined boys entered in a line, every boy had buzz cuts, they started thumping synchronized with their cones.

"Merlin it's him! Viktor Krum!" said Ron, he's fangirling over him since forever.
They ended the greeting ceremony with a fire spectacle, then feast began.

Father and headmaster of Durmstrang sat next to each other by the teachers table. I'm sure I've seen him somewhere, I think it was at breakfast in Malfoy mansion, but I don't really remember.

Dumbledore confirmed now the rules of the Triwizard tournament, it must be completed three very dangerous tasks to win endless glory. Barty crouch from the ministry said you must be seventeen or older to participate.

Students lost control, in every corner they were complaining. "That's rubbish!" the twins shouted, "Silence!" Dumbledore yelled.

Mr Filch has brought a pillar to the front, it had the height of a human. Dumbledore revealed the original form, it was a golden goblet, blue fire burning at the top.

Dumbledore explained how to participate, students must write their names on a piece of parchment and throw it into the goblet till Thursday evening. An age line will be drawn around the goblet, only 17 years olds are able to enter the line, this will prevent underage students from applying.

After the feast we shall leave to our first lesson, mine appears to be defence against the dark arts, the new teacher is Professor Alastor Moody.

It's said he used to to be in Azkaban.
His appearance is frightening, scars all over him. He's using a cane to walk because his one leg is amputated, one eye of his is covered with an fake eye.

"Can anyone tell me, how many unforgivable curses there are?" he asked, I immediately raised my hand. "Three sir." Hermione answered, I was going to say that!

"Weasley, stand!" He demanded, "Name one curse.".
Ron looked terrified, "Well my dad did tell me about one-", "The Imperius curse.".

"The ministry used it for years now." Moody mumbled, "I'll show you why!"
Mr Moody walked to his desk, different species of insects on it.

He took a spider out of the glass bowl, "Engorgio." He said and made the spider grow to the size of a humans head.
"Imperio!", Moody could now toss the spider around the room. His wand made it possible for him to control the spiders moves, thanks to the curse of course.

He let the spider crawl on students, Ron is terrified of spiders, Draco was amused.
"What are you laughing at?" Moody asked and threw it on Draco's face.

"Talent she got aye? What to do now? Throw her out the window? drown herself?" He held the spider above a water bucket, the students laughter stopped quickly after the sudden serious atmosphere.

Mr Moody put a stopper to the madness, not technically, he asked for other unforgivable curses instead.
I raised my hand, I'm familiar with curses but so were most of the students.

"Longbottom was it?" Mr Moody picked Neville, "The Cruciatus curse." Neville stumbled.

"Correct, correct!" Moody said excited and dragged Longbottom to the front.
Mr Moody pointed his wand at the spider again, "Crucio!".