30^ Woke Up

For the past two weeks we kept Sarge away from Kimberley, what we are waiting for is Amanda to wake up so she can decide what happens to Kim

For the past two weeks we kept Sarge away from Kimberley, what we are waiting for is Amanda to wake up so she can decide what happens to Kim. I mean if it were up to me I would let Sarge do what he wants to but because Justin worries for her safety even though he shouldn't , he has got no choice because it is his sister and there will always be apart of him that will love her. Phone rings.

Hello- Me

Hey Adam, how are you doing? -Julie

I'm good and you?- Me

I'm great, I have good news for you.- Julie

And that is? - me

Amanda just woke up now!- Julie

Really? I will let everyone know here.- Me

Okay thank you- Julie

You welcome- Me

"Hey guys I have news for you all." I said and stepped out of the lounge room. "Sarge can you come out for a second?" I said. "So I just got a phone call from the hospital right now and Amanda just woke up." I said and everyone screamed with happiness. Natalie had tears in her eyes. "So I'm going to take Natalie down to see her mother if you want to come with Sarge?" I said. "I'll meet you downstairs." He said. "Okay, let's go." I said to Natalie and took Andy from Kevin.

At the hospital.

"Julie?" I said. "Hey, you didn't say you were coming down." She said me hugged Natalie. "Yeah well I think this children wanted to see their mother." I said. "Well she was asking about them." She said. "Shall we?" Sarge asked. "Good afternoon Uncle." Julie said. "Good afternoon sweetie." Sarge said and we walked to Amanda's room. "Mommy!" Natalie shouted and ran to Amanda's side immediately and broke down crying.

When they re-gathered themselves she took Andy from me.

"Mommy." He said and laughed with her. "How you feeling Amanda?" Sarge asked. "I'm feeling good uncle, hi Adam." She said. "Hi." I said. "Why don't we get some shakes Nat?" Julie said. "I'll take Andy." Sarge said and than they left. "You can sit." She said. "Thank you." I said. "How you doing?" I asked. "I'm good thank you and you?" She asked. "I'm okay,glad you awake." I said. "Well I'm glad I am still alive." She joked. "Aren't we all?" I chuckled. "Everyone at the district send their love and get well soon,they will pop in later or early tomorrow morning." He said. "Thank you. I just can't wait to get out of here ASAP!" She said. "Well you have been in here for two weeks unconscious and it probably take another two weeks." I teased. "Than I am going to have to discharge myself." She said.

"Ms Holt?" A doctor said coming into the room. "Doctor Miller hi." Amanda said. "Hi Adam." Dr Miller greeted. "Hi." I said. "So Amanda can I just quickly do the normal check-up?" Dr asked. "Yes sure." Amanda said. After check-ups... "So Amanda I will send you home after two days if you promise me that you will not go to work, and that to will not push yourself to heal or work hard around the house because your body needs the rest." Dr said. "Promise." Amanda said. "I am giving you off for a month and if by then I am happy with my results I will clear you for duty." Dr said. "Okay." Amanda said. "Well than two days you staying and than I will send you home." The doctor said.

Two days later

"You ready?" I asked. "Yes to get out of this place I'm always ready." She said and I laughed. "Protocol for you to go out with this wheelchair." Julie said. "No I don't need that." Amanda said. "Don't make me call Doctor Miller and tell you said you experiencing pain on your lower back you know very well she is going to call you back and keep you for a week." Julie said. "Fine." Amanda said and sat on the wheelchair as Julie pushed her out. "I hate you." Amanda said. "I love you too." Julie said and finally reached the car. "I will see you later." Julie said. "Whatever." Amanda said and we both laughed at her. "Thanks Julie." I said climbing in the car.

At Amanda's house.

"Finally I'm home!" She screamed. "I have never met anyone this excited to see someone so happy to be home." I said. "Well I am not the only one, try asking anyone who comes from or out of a hospital." She said. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah, thanks for bringing me home." She said. "You welcome." I said. "I'm going to freshen up and than I'll be back down is that okay?" She asked. "Of course." I said. "May I?" I asked. "Right sorry you can sit." She said. "Thank you." I said. "I'll be back in twenty minutes." She called out heading upstairs. I removed my phone and ordered pizza mentioning it will be here in twenty minutes. Perfect timing. I can't believe she made it alive, she had me worried every single day. Just before she came back down the pizza arrived.

"Hey was someone at the door?" She asked. "Oh I ordered pizza, and since you probably hungry and don't have energy to make you food so I just ordered it for you." I said. "Oh thank you, you are a life saver. I'm literally starving." She said. "I will get us plates." She said. "I already got that." I said. "Og thank you, do you want something to drink or did you do that already?" She asked. "Yes I did." I said. "Wow." She said and smiled at me. "You can eat." I said.

For the next two hours we spoke and even though she is extremely tired she is somehow fighting her sleep.

"Holt?" I said. "Hmm." She responded. "Why you fighting your sleep?" I asked. "I'm not tired. Do I look tired?" She asked. "Very much. Come on you safe. Get some sleep." I said.

She laughed shaking her head and soon fell asleep just when Natalie came home crying.

"Nat? You good?" I asked. "Hmmm. I am just glad my mom's back." She said and wanted to head upstairs. "Nat? Why is there marks on your legs?" I asked. "It is nothing uncle Adam." She said and ran upstairs. I picked Amanda up and laid her in her bed upstairs before heading to Nat's room. I knocked when I heard the shower on. "Nat?" I called out. "Just a minute." She said. "I'll be downstairs." I said and walked back down.

After another five minutes she came down the stairs. "Nat? Come sit here." I said. "Okay." She said unsure. "I know you think I didn't take note of you crying and I don't want to cause your mother problems myself and you can solve. So I am going to ask you this because I care, why did you come in crying and immediately went to shower?" I asked. "I went to the Gym." She said. "I have been a detective for a long time and I dont appreciate you lying to me." I said. "Ashton, he uhh... he raped me." She said. "Say again?" I said. "Ashton raped me." She said. "When?" I asked knowing I am getting angry. "Tonight." She said fiddling with her fingers. "Come here." I said and hugged her.

"Want to report him?" I asked. "No. No. I can't." She said. "Okay no problem. Get some rest okay?" I said and she nodded her head. "I'm a phone call away. For anything okay?" I said. "Thank you Uncle Adam." She said. "No problem Angel." I said kissed her and left her room.

I left soon after that, once I knew but if then were asleep. I just got home and I really need my bed right now. As I was busy getting into bed my phone rang. Sarge

Hello- Me

Hey Adam, sorry for calling so late. Are you still at Amanda's place? -Sarge

No Sarge I left about like thirty minutes ago.- Me

Okay no problem. -Sarge

Is there a problem Sarge?- Me

Not really, it is just Natalie supposed to come to me today and she didnt turn up yet.- Sarge

Oh, she's at home, sleeping. She came in two hours before I left. She said she didn't have the energy to drive anywhere so she went home. - me

Okay thank you Adam. Good night.- Sarge

Good night Sarge - Me

1428