Jay began to silently whip up breakfast for himself and Jungwon.

There was no denying it; though they had a pretty vile first meeting, Jay's heart was completely overcome by love for his dandelion boy.

His dandelion boy?

I suppose so.

Jay was zipping through an emotional rollercoaster; he was satisfied after a long time. But he also felt like he had to prove to Jungwon that he wasn't like the people who had mistreated him.

And how the fuck was he going to do that?

He watched Jungwon as the latter gazed at the city below him. His black hair looked so soft as it occasionally got tousled by the wind. His shirt was like a veil draped over him in the most precariously careless way possible. His black pants added a certain definition to his long legs. He was shorter than Jay, but not by a lot. His long fingers had little rings on them with intricate carvings and shapes. His ears were delicately decorated with tiny earrings and studs. He was ethereal.

Jungwon and Jay ate their breakfast of kimchi toast with Jay asking questions and Jungwon answering him.

"So... how exactly did you get here?"

"You wished on the right flower. Many people like you yearn for love but are unable to find it for whatever reason. But when they wish on any flower from this particular list, the "noble forces" come together to grant your wish and send one of us to you."

"So there are more people like you?"

"Hundreds. And our sole purpose is to just satisfy you and get nothing in return."

Jay wanted to ask why Jungwon had this attitude towards love.

"But you said 'judging from past experience' earlier... do you not stay forever when you're sent?"

At this, Jungwon forced a laugh and looked away, letting his eyes wander outside the large french window.

"Thing is, if we die, we go back up. There are no remains of our body, and you even forget we ever existed, because all evidence of us ever being here gets destroyed. We get erased out of photos and our clothes, shoes, and accessories; everything disappears. But you'll feel satisfied as if you've loved enough."

"So... you've lived many lives before?"

"Technically, yes. Very short lives, though."

Jungwon said no more, but it was pretty clear what he meant.

"Did you..." Jay held back for a moment but blurted out the words he didn't want to say anyway. "Did you die on purpose?"

"That's a funny way to put it. Yes, yes I did."

"Why?"

Jungwon exhaled sharply. "Do you ever stop asking questions?"

"No," Jay retorted, eyeing Jungwon with scrutiny in his eyes.

"You really can't make connections, can you? I've told you practically everything, and I'm not going to repeat myself."

A heavy silence hung in the air, suffocating both boys, reaching inside, twisting their airways and strangling them. They ate the rest of their meals without so much as looking at each other. When they finished, Jay took both plates and went to put them in the sink.

Jungwon, as soon as breakfast was over, walked back into the balcony to stare again at the busy Saturday morning city.

"What the fuck are you doing?" A familiar voice whispered in Jungwon's ear, sending shivers down the length of his spine.