"Yes, sir!" Yun Xi nodded. Yun Xi knew that the temperatures in the desert were high, but now experiencing it firsthand was no joke. Just standing still in it, Yun Xi felt as if her perspiration were desperately trying to evaporate, gradually draining out every bit of moisture left in her body.

Carrying his canteen and weapon, Yan Shuo led Yun Xi to a dune not far away.

"It'll still be a game of hunter versus prey. I'm the prey, and you shall be the hunter," Yan Shuo instructed her without giving her the option to choose. Leaving Yun Xi with no choice but to comply, he carried his box and headed for the dune on the opposite side.

Not wanting to venture too deeply into the desert, the boundary and area used for the training were strictly defined. As such, the searching and shooting perimeter were inevitably restricted, but despite these circumstances, there remained a sufficient shooting range.

Being a rookie at marksmanship, searching for the prey was not what was difficult for Yun Xi. Hitting the target was the challenge.

Yan Shuo's training style was unlike Jin Lei's. He was stricter and way more unpredictable.

Coupling these circumstances with the environment she was in, Yun Xi could not afford to be careless and definitely could not, in any stretch of the imagination, think of herself as a little girl.

Roasting under the scorching sun, Yun Xi got down on her stomach and began setting up her rifle on the heat-resistant mat. Thereafter, she took an earth-coloured bandage and wrapped it around her wrist. Despite the booney hat she was wearing, the heat was still unbearable.

As soon as the hunting began, Yun Xi dared not move a muscle. She had to find her prey within an hour because the tables would turn once an hour had passed. At that time, Yan Shuo would counterattack, and she would become Yan Shuo's target.

Yun Xi's training was similar to the trials she'd gone through with Jin Lei in the mountains, except the training here was far tougher. She didn't dare to be negligent. Heat exhaustion wasn't the only big deal here. A bigger danger was fainting without anyone noticing, which could lead to a life-threatening situation.

Although everyone was given wireless radio-wave intercoms, they couldn't use them unless they needed to.

During the excruciatingly long hours, the extreme heat nearly extracted all of the water from her body. She didn't even dare to move when sweat dripped into her eyes. Once the concealment started, any minute movement could expose her to the enemy.

With Yan Shuo's strict standards, he would make her start all over again, in which case all of her previous efforts would go to waste.

After prowling all around the entire training ground, she still couldn't find even a trace of her target in the dunes. She thought that Yan Shuo was deliberately making things difficult for her, by not moving or showing himself at all to give her the chance to snipe at him.

And she had never expected that just after an hour had passed, Yan Shuo would snipe at her from a position not more than 32 feet away.

Yun Xi stood up, her face filled with shock and disbelief as she looked toward the figure. She couldn't figure out when he'd moved close to her. How had he done it without her noticing at all?

Yun Xi had summoned up the last bit of strength she had left when she forced herself to stand up. She looked at Yan Shuo, who had gone to the location where he'd first placed his belongings. He packed up his things and walked over.

They had been so far apart, yet he had been able to get so close to her right under her nose. That was nothing short of incredible!

"Mission failed; we'll continue tomorrow," Yan Shuo glanced at her pale face before carrying his luggage and walking toward the car.