Chapter Six

Y/N's Point of View

For the past two days, I've been shopping. Since moving to Japan, I didn't have many clothes and since Mirai wanted me to wear something fancy, I needed to go shopping. Toshinori wanted to tag along but I didn't let him, so he invited his coworker to come with me, Nemuri Kayama. 

When I first met her, I didn't think we'd get along with how energetic she is. All things considered, I'm glad I met her. As Nemuri drags us into the last store of the day, I can't help by have a good feeling. 

"You said this guy wanted you to dress fancy, yes?" Nemuri asks me, I nod, looking around the store. As Nemuri goes to the counter, I take the time to walk around the store and gaze at all the dresses, heels, makeup, and perfume. 

I stop at a particular dress, I liked it. Although the price would most definitely beg to differ, I look for a price tag, eventually finding it on the back. I almost faint looking at the price tag 75, 435 yen!? I don't have that kind of money... as I think Nemuri finds me. 

"I talked to the lady at the count... oh my! Is this the dress you like!?" She asks me, her voice high pitched. I nod, looking away from the price tag. 

I sigh, "I could never afford it though... I don't have that kind of money." Nemuri takes a look at the price tag and laughs.

"Honey, I'll buy the dress for you. Why have a prohero as your friend is your not going to use the advantages?" She takes the dress off the hook it hangs on and drags me to the front counter. Buying the dress in front of me, I'm speechless. 

This lady hasn't even known me for that long and she's already spent a fortune on me... "Don't worry, darling. We're friends now!" Nemuri smiles at me as the register lady puts the dress Nemuri just bought me in a Zippered Garment Bag. She has to be crazy...

Nemuri and I walk out of the store and head for her car. As we load the dress in the back, Nemuri laughs, "This better be a guy you marry." I can feel my face grow hot as I suddenly start shaking my head in disappoint while smiling. The car starts and the drive back to my apartment doesn't take long, before I know it, I'm hugging and saying goodbye to Nemuri. As I watch her drive off, I can't help but smile. My first friend since being back in Japan. 

Inside, Toshinori is cooking dinner. The aroma is strong and smells absolutely delicious. Toshinori must sense that I am home for he pops his head out of the kitchen to smile and wave at me, I smile and wave back at him before he disappears into the kitchen. I take off my shoes and put them by the door. I walk to my room and place a bunch of shopping bags by my closet and placing the dress that Nemuri got me in my closet. 

I hear plates get set on the dinner table, I walk out of my room to see that Toshinori has set the table. "Bon appetite!" Toshinori smiles. It wasn't anything special but it sure was a good home-cooked meal. I smile at him before sitting down. 

"So... when do I get to meet this special person?" Toshinori asks me. I choke on my food a little before swallowing. What an interesting way to start a conversation. 

I nervously laugh, "On Friday... I thought we had already gone over this?" I take another bite of my food as so does Toshinori. 

"Oh, I guess we did. I must've forgotten." Toshinori laughs. The rest of dinner was silent, a little bit of awkwardness in the air. After dinner, I was on chore duty, which wasn't hard, just a few dishes. 

It must've been an hour now, the clock on the wall now read 8:00 PM. I yawn as I finish off the last dish and start the dishwasher. I dry my hands and stretch. It was time for bed, or at least I think it is. 

I change into something comfortable, close my curtains, and set my alarm. Tomorrow was Thursday, a day before Sasaki and I's date. If I could even call it that, I mean he did invite me out to dinner. That should be a date, right? Am I just thinking about this too hard, most likely. I lay in bed, staring at my ceiling. Wondering what my future going to be like, everybody's at least thought about it once in their life. Like who they're going to marry, what their future job is going to be, what quirk they're going to get, just simple things like that. Nothing too serious.

I start remembering when I was a little girl, my family was mainly quirkless and I remember Toshinori being so down when he found out that he was quirkless. I promised myself if I were to get my quirk, I would make him proud by becoming a hero but... all dreams don't come true. I remember being in the doctor's office when he told me I was quirkless. My whole world was crumbling, was that what Toshinori had felt?

During our teen years, Toshinori suddenly developed a quirk, it was strange, but it gave me a sense of hope. Maybe I too, can develop a quirk of my own. Until Toshinori let me on his secret, One for All. It had made sense now, none the less. I supported him and even to this day I still do. 

As we got older, he became the symbol of peace while I had moved to America to be with who I thought I loved. Although, with the events that played out with that, I moved back to Japan and moved in with Toshinori. It was nice to be back. 

All that thinking about my past and what ifs, must've done a number on me. I quickly found myself drifting off to sleep about who knows what. I for one, don't even remember what I dream about.