Part- 2

"Dad?"

"Hi... You are moonwitch"

"I am a what?"

The word moonwitch had danced in his mind for an entire week that followed after. At first, Corazon had assumed that Law had just lost the colour of his eyes. Luffy had never paid much attention to the older boy's eye colour to begin with. He had noticed Law had dark eyes, right now Luffy paid attention and saw Law had grey eyes that looked liked liquid kept in glass bottles. There was a glowing tint in his eyes, a golden fire that kept flickering every time Law frowned or showed anger.

Corazon decided to observe his son while Law delved into his books to understand, what exactly a moonwitch was. His father refused to tell him anything else, but it was evident the magic spell on top of the cliff had changed in its nature, and it had changed Law. Luffy not knowing what to do, sat beside like a guilty puppy and helped close the books that Law chucked out in frustration.

"Luffy stop fidgeting!"

"I am sorry!"

"Stop!"

"I ruined the spell."

"No you didn't. Dad tell him!"

"Yes, kiddo. You didn't ruin the spell. It changed in its nature. It evolved and became stronger. What Law is experiencing is a side effect. Witches have been experiencing spell side effects since the beginning of time."

The word side effects made Luffy bite his lips in attempt to suppress his cries. He looked at Law and Corazon. He turned his face away, feeling more bouts of guilt.

"Good job dad, now he is crying!"

"I am not crying."

"Oooo... You are not? Then why are you not looking at me?"

"There is... dust in my eyes."

"Are you trying to say I didn't dust the hut properly, Luffy!"

"No!"

Luffy turned around and Law cupped his baby face that had a thick layer of herb paste covering his wound. Luffy had stabbed himself under the left eye and bled out, making Law worry sick. The first thing Law had decided to look at after gaining his consciousness was Luffy's face. Corazon had tried to heal the wound with potions and spells, but his father lacked the fineness of a trained witch. Hence, the wound had healed, but the scar would stay. Some witches trained in healing magic that could erase the scariest of the wounds and welts. Law aspired to one of those healers. Law pulled Luffy's forehead to his and bonked it softly.

"One day I will remove this scar."

"NO"

"No?"

"What if it does something to the spell and Law loses his eyesight?"

In his own baby brain, Luffy had given enough thought to the spell and what had happened. He had concluded that the scar was a proof of the existence of a spell and the world of magic.

"I didn't lose my eyesight, it is just a change of colour, and it is like I can see an aura around you and dad."

"Say it again?"

"I think it is aura, I know not if my eyes are playing a trick."

Corazon rushed to his son, instead of reaching his son, the tall man tripped on his own feet and tumbled flat on the wooden floor.

"Damn! You are hopeless!"

"Uncle!"

"I am fine!"