Part 1

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece

Warning: Blood. Gore. Violence. Fire. Magic system that will use blood and flesh. If you are uncomfortable, do not read. 

This is long promised story meant as birthday gift for my adopted LawLu obsessed child MDA Triplestar who just became adult and will be going to college eventually.
Dear MDA Triplestar, I wish you a peaceful adult life ahead and may all your LawLu dreams come true. You are a wonderful and lovely person, you are extremely talented, and I want you to never stop creating things you love. Fangirling gets better with age, trust me.

This story will be three chapters. Next one hopefully will come out on 31st December. Fingers crossed. And Merry Christmas

Sigri*- A stove to warm the room on winter days, used in India.

____________________________________________________________________________

He was a pup when the hunters came to the village; the last images of his home were painted in fiery red. It was a happy day for everyone; all the children who had shed their milk teeth, including him had been given their first moonstone. The small village was celebrating their first fang day on a cold winter morning, he was not only a pup, he was also the runt. While his friends were showing their new set of strong teeth, he only had one small sharp canine to show. By the age of six the children were able to shape-shift their forms, but he was still staggering between puppy ears on his human head and a wagging tail on his human hips. The moonstone was meant to protect them, and keep them in control from growing crazy on their first full moon night. He was seven that day while other children were younger than him, yet that didn't stop his parents and siblings from celebrating his delayed achievements.

He had sat curled up by the fire squished between his two friends; he was dressed in his favourite red cloak with a hood, brown boots and red mittens. His attire demanded attention, like a drop of blood that had trickled on the snow from a pricked finger. He loved stories and most importantly he loved eating; roasting fish on the bonfire and the smoked rabbit meat with spiced potatoes. He was eagerly waiting for the village chief to begin the story of the wolves so that he could just skip to the good part; feasting.

The village chief, a woman whose hair was white as the moonlight and skin freckled and scarred like the moon, sat on a log. This was a story he knew from the bottom of his rumbling tummy, but he loved hearing the old grandmother too, so he sat quietly watching the old woman clear her throat, sip her warm wine from her goatskin satchel and flash her beautiful pair of sharp white canines.

"Once upon a time..."

Like every other fairy tale, his story too began once upon a time ago...

The gates of the village had been burst open, he was happily chumming on the rabbit meat, the noise and the growling was part of the wolf life, if one was not part of the pack, they were bound to have few fights resulting in broken fences and crippled tables. Currently, the village was rampaged by three packs of teenagers, out of the three; two were led by his brothers. His brothers were strong, they carried the blood of their family well, and they had shed their milk teeth at the age of three and earned the moonstone at four. They could shape-shift like adults by the time they were eleven. Now, at fifteen and seventeen, they were powerful and had a lot of time in hands. So the youngest runt of the family dismissed the breach of his village as a usual banter between his siblings.

But before he could shove his last salted potato in his mouth, the village chief was disrobing herself and transforming into her form; the snow-white wolf. Immediately, all the children including him were picked up by their napes and rushed away from the clearing. When he looked up, it was his second brother. His eldest brother was running beside them. Both his brothers were in their wolf forms. His eldest brother was a golden wolf and his second brother a magnificent grey wolf.