Chapter #1 Entering a story.

Start from the beginning

Commandant:... Mind system command; release pain receptors.

(Voice command recognized)

(Command valid)

"She'll be offline for a minute."

"Okay. Stay close and don't leave our side."

"Right." Nodding to himself, Y/n pulled out his gun and took aim at the joints of the corruption. It delayed only a few before the more combat-capable mechanoids sprinted and reached him within seconds. He swiftly cut them down and proceeded to maneuver around the pair behind to defend against the corrupted who had the idea of circling them. Swinging in a wide arc, three were pushed back before Y/n spun around to shoot another. A particular group who were noticeably faster than the average corrupted charged forward and attacked them multiple sides. The Commandant braced himself with a gun at the ready. However, it would not be needed because, in an impressive display of skill, Y/n's sword almost became a blur as he strikes at each and every one of them. This left the only human among them in awe. 

'Who is he?' The Commandant thought to himself before paling and aimed his gun behind Y/n, where a corrupted had taken the short moment of him ceasing movement as a chance for attack. Thankfully it didn't get too close.

*Stab*

The commandant's eyes widened and looked to his right where a hand was outstretched past his face. Looking further up the arm he was met with Lucia's reddened scleras. Y/n spared a glance at the girl's sword that stabbed into the corrupted on the ground before shooting a distant corrupted making its way to them. He narrows his eyes at the incoming horde. He looks to them to speak before being pulled down to the ground, narrowly missing the large white beam that came up from behind him. 

"Hey-"

*Wurble**Explosion*

"..."

"..."

"Stop clutching me."

"Sorry!"

Y/n gets off the laying commandant who was smiling bashfully. Lucia had been laying close by with her head ducked before lifting it to look toward the source of the blast. 

"That blast came from Liv."

"You think so?"

"A teammate of yours?" Y/n asks while picking up his sword, as well as proceeding to holster it and his gun. Receiving a nod, he looks around them before he turns to Lucia. "Can you stand?" Without a verbal reply, Lucia worked herself up onto her feet with some assistance from her commandant. 

"We need to regroup with Liv and Lee." Her commandant smiled at her.

"We will." 

"Do you mind if I accompany you?"

The two looked at him surprised. The commandant shakes it off and smiles. He holds out a hand to him. 

"We haven't introduced ourselves. My name is Asher Florence, Commandant of our squad, Gray Raven." He gestures to his companion. "And this is Lucia, leader of the Gray Ravens."

"Greetings..."

"Pleasure to meet you both, my name is Y/n L/n. We should really get going."

"Knowing Lee, our squadmate, he probably suggested that he and Liv get as far away from their firing spot as possible to not risk any corrupted following the line of fire." Asher chimed, "But we should still be able to find them around there. Communication is a little frisky right now."

"Understood."

They nod in agreement and allowed him to take the lead as he began walking in the direction of the beam. They tread at a steady pace, with any corrupted that got near were cleaved by Y/n. After a while, they made it to a clearing with no corrupted near. The Commandant eased his stance a little with Lucia and Y/n keeping their guard. The latter turns to the two.