Chapter 6

Yennefer was here.

Why the fuck was Yennefer here? Of all the fucking places on the damn Continent, why here? And wasn't she meant to be dead anyway?

Geralt hesitantly took a step away from you, leaving you sitting on the table, your back still facing Yennefer, not wanting to even look at her.

The last time you saw her, she had slept with Geralt. She stole your fucking boyfriend.

"I thought you were dead." Geralt finally said, breaking the looming silence as he stared at the woman behind you with wide eyes.

Your heart shattered, hearing the shift of Geralts voice. Yennefer was back... he still cared about her. You knew he still cared about her and it was going to happen all over again. He was going to choose her because of course he would.

Why would he chose a female Witcher with enough emotional damage and trauma to last a lifetime, over a beautiful and powerful sorcerous like, Yennefer? He wouldn't.

"How is this possible?" Yennefer whispered from behind you.

"I don't care."

That was all Geralt said before he walked away from you and stepped towards her.

You didn't want to turn around. If you turned and saw her, you weren't entirely sure what you were going to do and you didn't quite trust yourself to not punch her the second you saw her.

But, reluctantly you turned around anyway, just as the two of them embraced in a tight hug.

Yep, history was going to repeat itself.

You didn't say anything as you sat on the table, watching the two of them and as if they could feel your eyes on them, they quickly pulled apart.

Yennefer immediately looked over at you. A mix of emotions washed over her face when her eyes locked with yours, but they were all gone in a flash before you could decipher them.

"Y/N... I didn't expect to see you here. I didn't expect to see either of you here, especially together."

Folding your arms across your chest, you stood up from the table and stared at her.

"That a problem?" You asked, your voice ice cold.

Yennefer glanced over at Geralt for a second before looking back at you, shaking her head.

"No. Of course not. I'm glad the two of you figured out your problem and are together again." She quickly said, giving you a gentle smile that you knew was fake.

"Geralt and I wouldn't have had a problem if you could keep your fucking legs closed."

"Enough." Geralt ordered, sending you a warning look that you knew meant shut up.

"No. No, please, Y/N, go on. Because if I remember correctly, it takes two people-"

You didn't wait for her to finish that sentence before you strode across the room and before Yennefer had a chance to react, your fist connected with her jaw, sending the mage falling to the ground in an instant.

"Fuck." You heard Geralt curse before his arms wrapped around your body, pulling you away from Yennefer. "Stop."

"You worried I'm going to hurt your little witch?" You asked.

"I don't care about her. I care about you." He whispered, spinning your around in his arms so you were facing him. "She is a mage, she could do much worse than punch back."

Oh.

Yeah, you probably should have thought of that.

"I think I deserved that." Yennefer winced, Geralts hands were still on your waist, not loosening in fear that you might try to punch her again. "Look, Y/N, I was a bitch. I know I was and back then I didn't care. But, I care now and I am sorry for getting between the two of you."