+ chapter eighteen +

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, yeah," she muttered, waving her hand in the air as she dismissed his comment.

"There is something I want to show you..." he trailed off, eyeing her carefully.

She tilted her head to the side, pushing her wet hair behind her ears and said, "What is it?"

He stood up, taking her hand in his as they walked to his bedroom and he walked over to his closet. After he rummaged through it for a couple of seconds, he pulled out a silver box with a large black X written in neat cursive.

Alexa raised her eyebrows as curiosity took the best of her and she peeked over his shoulder. Xander slowly pulled the top of the box off and laid it out on his bed.

From the little that she could make out, it looked like chains sprawled on a black fabric.

He turned to her, holding the chainmail on his hands and said, "This is the battle armour that our women would wear. I was thinking that since...well since you are becoming a warrior, you would like to have this. It was my mother's."

"Xander," she breathed out, the emotion shining in his eyes leaving her breathless.

He smiled and held it towards her. "Please accept it."

"Of course!" She took the cold chains in her hands and rubbed it with her fingers as if it would break. The chainmail was cold, but quickly seemed to warm up against her skin and seemed to adjust to the size of her hand.

After watching her stare at the chainmail in her hands curiously, Xander chuckled and said, "It is two pieces; they go over your face. May I?" She nodded.

He stepped up to her, taking the chain mask in his hands and placed the mouth piece over her face

He stepped up to her, taking the chain mask in his hands and placed the mouth piece over her face. The chainmail seemed to stick to her skin, but it was comfortably warm and she could move her muscles normally. The other half went over her eyes.

The top half attached itself to the lower part down the nose and on the sides of her cheekbones. It made her eyes the only feature of her face to be seen. They were strikingly green in contrast and it made her seem ferociously attractive.

She grinned up at him as he muttered something under his breath and then grabbed the suit from the box.

"This is what you would wear," He handed her the black suit. It seemed to be made from a material similar to leather, but not shiny. It was a mixture of leather and spandex.

Alexa quickly pulled her shirt over her head, surprised when the mask stayed on her face as tight as it had first been and began to pull the pant legs on. Her eyes quickly widened as the fabric seemed to adjust itself to her voluptuous physique; it felt like another skin was growing over her body.

Once it was on, she grabbed the zipper from the bottom of her calf and pulled it up to cover her breasts. The breast bit of the suit felt a bit heavier than the rest of the suit and at her curiosity, Xander grinned.