Chapter 37 - Training

Monday. It has been three days since the USJ event. The students of Class 1-A are still pretty shaken but have been putting up a brave front, at least in school. Flashback to Friday night.

Izuku was laying in bed, unable to sleep when his phone suddenly rang. Picking it up from under his pillow, there was no name on the screen, so he just answered. "Hello?"

"Uhm... Hello. Izuku?" The voice says.

"Speaking."

"This is Ochako's mother."

"Oh... uhm... hello ma'am."

"I know this might be a bit too much to ask after what happened in the morning, but Ochako has been having nightmares and hasn't gone to sleep and her dad and I are a bit worried because she's been crying nonstop for the past hour. We tried to ask her what happened, but she isn't telling us anything." Ochako's Mother explains.

"I'll be there in a few minutes." Izuku answers, already halfway through wearing his shirt.

"Thank you so much son." Ochako's mother answers as the call is cut.

Izuku walks down to Toshi's room, knocking on the door. Getting no answer, Izuku went to the kitchen and wrote a small note for him . He stuck the note to the fridge and sent a message to his mother and to Toshi before leaving the house.

Taking flight immediately, he headed to Ochako's house. Within 15 minutes he could see the small house below him. Landing a few feet from the door, he walked up to it and quietly knocked on it.

"Ochako's up in her room." Her father tells him as he opens the door. "And uhm... sorry for my outburst this afternoon."

"It's alright, you weren't wrong though." Izuku answers as he walks up the stairs to Ochako's room. "Ochako." Izuku quietly says, knocking on her door. Hearing the sobbing on the other side, he enters her room.

"Wh-who's there?" Ochako asks, not looking up.

"It's me Ochako." Izuku answers. The girl turns to see Izuku standing near the door.

"Izuku!!" Ochako exclaims as she immediately hugs the boy, sobbing into his shirt.

"Shhh. I'm here. Everything's fine." Izuku reassures her, rubbing circles on her back, trying to calm her down.

"I-I had this dream, th-that you- you didn't survive and th-that ev-everyone was k-killed b-by that th-thing." Ochako says between her sobs. Izuku guides her to her bed where the two just sat as Izuku tried to calm the girl down

"It's alright Ochako. I'm alive and everyone's okay too. That beast is dead. I made sure of that didn't I?" Izuku whispers to her with the girl nodding. "Why don't we try to sleep?" Izuku asks her. "It's getting very late."

Ochako shakes her head. "N-No. I-I do-don't want t-to see that a-again." She says.

"Do you want me to stay here? Will that help you sleep?" Izuku asks her.

Ochako nods, tightening her grip on his arm. Izuku turns his head slightly so that he could see Ochako's parents nodding in approval in his peripheral vision.

"Alright, how about I sleep on this chair over here and you sleep on your bed?" Izuku offers, only to realise that the girl had already fallen asleep. Using his telekinesis, Izuku brought the chair closer to him so he could sit beside Ochako's bed while she slept.

The next day, Ochako woke up due to the additional weight near her leg only to see Izuku lying with his head on the food of her bed, sleeping on his hands with an old blanket over him.