EPISODE ONE: PART 13

"Make sure you arrest him. He is a thief. Honey, please arrest him," Tomi cried in despair.

"Well, you can take your leave. Please make sure you don't call my wife again and desist from this evil character of yours. There are better ways to make money. You are still young and vibrant," Marcus advised.

"Thanks, boss. You na good man. Follow your wife talk make she no dey talk your matter up and down. No marriage perfect. Fight go surely happen... a beautiful woman like this... na why some fake prophet dey use juju marry them. Sister abeg dey very careful o," Kamoru said.

"Thanks for your advice, you can excuse us," Marcus said.

"Abeg, help me with transport money... I don think say sister go drop as usual. I no know say kasala go burst," Kamoru asked shamelessly.

"God will punish you! You have the audacity to ask for money!" Tomi barked at him.

Marcus ignores Tomi, as he dips his hands in his pocket and gave Kamoru a.k.a Pastor Jerry some cash. The latter counts the money given to him.

"Tuale! You too much... Five Thousand Naira. Only me! Big Daddy! You be better man. I am very sorry for exploiting you, sir..." He removes One Thousand Naira notes and stretches them to Tomi's mum.

"Mamo! No vex (don't be angry)... abeg make you and sister help me manage this money. Make una use am buy mineral (please manage this money and use it to buy soft drinks)," Pastor Jerry said.

"Kamoru! So wa okay (Are you okay)? Will you get out of this place before I pounce on you!" Tomi's mum threatened.

"I am very sorry... Thanks for your time. God bless you and peace be unto this house" Kamoru said as he leaves.

Tomi rolls on the floor shouting on top of her voice as she picks herself up and goes on her knees.

"My husband, I know I deserved to be dealt with... I felt I was saving my marriage. I never knew I was exposing it to more dangers." Tomi pleaded.

"Can you just see your life! A tout duped you. To make it worse, a tout is teaching you how to run your home. Tomi, I warned you! I warned you seriously, but you wouldn't listen," Marcus complained.

"I'm sorry my husband. I was only trying to save our marriage from spiritual attack." Tomi apologized.

"Who told you we are under any attack? Is it abnormal for couples to have misunderstandings? Did I ever lay my hands on you? Have I ever slept outside? Even the day I did, you were the cause of it all and it was due to this your so-called Pastor Kamoru."

"Mama, please help me beg my husband... I'm very sorry." Tomi pleaded.

"I am disappointed in you Tomi... Your father and I will be celebrating our 36th marriage anniversary in few weeks. You know how stubborn your father is, and you also know I am very stubborn. Yet, we have found a way to stay happy together. I have never for once called you to report your father to you. You have a good man like this, because of little misunderstanding, you began to seek advice from unworthy people. What you did is capable of making you lose your marriage," Her mother reprimanded her.

"Ha! Maami! Please, I don't want to lose my husband."

She turned to Marcus, "Dear, please forgive me," Tomi weeps.

"It is fine. We all make mistakes. You know I love you. Just learn from this please and work on yourself. Don't take my kindness for granted." Marcus helps her up and embraces her. They both exchange sweet words as Tomi's mum looks at them with keen interest as they sat down.

"Naawa o... Romeo and Juliana. This your love is deep, at least you will let me take my leave before doing all this your yori-yori love. I have my husband too oo."

They all laugh at her statement.

"I'm happy for you both. Please learn to agree as a couple. My son, I'm about to take my leave, please what of the sixty thousand naira you want to give me?"

"Maami! Haba!! "Tomi scolds.

"Keep quiet! I am talking to my in-law, not you."

"Mama, which money is that Ma?" Marcus asked.

"The money for the event I told you na. The one Pastor Kamoru collected from his client," she eyes Tomi unpleasantly.

"Mama, I'm sorry... By my records, I have given you the money. Unfortunately, the money has been squandered. So, kindly bear with us Ma." Marcus explained politely.

"Mogbe! Tomi, you will have to pay me the money o. I give you three days." Her mother threatened.

"With all due respect, Ma. I know she is your daughter, but she is my wife. You can't threaten my woman. This is between you and me. Whenever I have any money to spare, I will send it to you before the event ma."

"Please put on the AC, I'm feeling hot and sweaty," Tomi's mum said.

"Maami, the AC is on."