But it was also partially his fault. Considering that if he stopped on his tracks and said he won't continue then the man clad in black would only nod and mutely walk back with no complaint and yet he did not but chose to follow instead.

"You could just tell them the truth?"

"And risk not being able to have my small freedom? Pass." Mu Qing swats the other off, noticing he was now leaning on the tree. Also noticing how it was taking his attendant and guard so long.

Nan Feng pops an eye open, arching a brow. "Freedom? What you do here isn't really different from what you do inside your kingdom, correct?" He questions, closing his eye.

"Well atleast I'm-" Enjoying here. Scowling he shakes his head instead, remembering the latter couldn't see him, "I have more freedom to choose what I want to do outside."

"Must be suffocating."

Mu Qing eyes him warily. Pursing his lips in a flat line, "Perhaps it is." Hastily adding when he realized how it must have sounded terrible to hear you're suffocating in your own kingdom, "But I still prefer there of course." Lie, another lie. Not receiving any answer, he internally sighed in relief.

Yet the silence that had settled between them was no longer comfortable. Turned awkward and even more colder than before as Mu Qing bit his lip. He wasn't one to start a conversation, every word that leaves his lips just end up in them having an even more strained silence. As most of the time, he lets the others around him converse then he'll pipe in here and then. Fiddling with his wet sleeve, he forces himself to swallow it down and wait for the others to come.

Until the latter spoke, "I have done my research in the history of your family." Nan Feng opens his eyes. "Are you interested yet in listening about it?"

Mu Qing was ready to say a joke. What else would there be to listen about their history besides the infamous betrayal? But hearing the intriguingly serious tone, he lazily nods. "I suppose so.." He says, perplexed on where his sources even came from.

The man clad in black leans forward, crossing his legs on the grass as he hums as if to think of his words more carefully. "Prince Mu Lin was charged of treason and then murdered by the current king, yes?"

".. Yes."

"It wasn't him."

Mu Qing furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "Wasn't him? Like wasn't him that was murdered? What-"

"Your highness!" The both of them abruptly stood up, facing the other two that ran towards them with hurried steps. A distressed look painted in both the attendant and guard's faces as Chin Wei quickly helps Mu Qing with his robes. "We have to hurry!"

"What's wrong - wait - I'm not stripping naked here!" The silverette hastily leers, pushing the hands away as he removes his outer robe to which Chin Wei snatched and pushed the more dryer and cleaner layer. "What's wrong? Is someone dying or something?"

Lan Wuxiu's face turns solemn - the cause for Mu Qing to suddenly feel nervous -, grabbing the clothes that dropped on the ground as he threw the extra robes to the man clad in black that catched it with ease. "Someone erected a Nan Yang temple."

The silverette scowls at his appearance, drying his hair with a towel as he glances at his guard with an arched brow. "And? That's not the first time someone erected a temple for a god."

Chin Wei shakes his head, removing the wet crown and hair jewelries from both his inner robes and hair. "They erected the temple beside king Mu Liu's main temple without his majesty's knowledge. By the time they recieved the news, hundreds of incense were already burned for the General's name." He replies, dumping the accessories in a small box he brought.