And I know what you're thinking. No, me and Tyler have never kissed, and we've never had sex.

But I've thought about it once or twice.

I mean, Tyler's hot, I've got to admit it. Sometimes, there's tension between us, but we don't ever admit even though we both see it.

When I arrive at the house, I get out of the car, walk up to the door, and unlock it. When I walk in, I walk to the living room, plopping down on the couch next to Tyler.

When I said Tyler was hot, I meant it.

He's got luscious brown, wavy hair that he doesn't have to maintain 'cause it does it on its own. His eyes are green and beautiful, and his abs.... God, his abs are to die for. And I say that because he has no shirt on.

"How was it?" he asks, putting a chip in his mouth.

"Quick." I say, sitting back on the couch and grabbing a chip.

"How long did it take?" he asks, turning the TV down.

"Like, two minutes."

"They got you pregnant in two minutes?"

"Yep. I guess so. How would I look pregnant?"

"Ugh, I can't even imagine it." he says dreadfully.

"In a bad way?"

"No, in a.... 'never thought it would happen' way."

"Hm. I guess that makes sense." I say, laughing, making him chuckle.

He looks over at me with a smile and I look at him the same way, maintaining eye contact. There's that tension I was talking about. I shake my head and I get up.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink."

"No alcohol." Tyler jokes.

"Don't even remind me." I say, looking back at him as I walk to the kitchen.

I grab my drink from the refrigerator and something picks at me.

"Shit." I say, running to grab my keys.

"Where are you headed now?" Tyler asks.

"He wants me to meet him at his place." I say.

"For what?"

I shrug my shoulders and I say bye to him as I run out. I get in the car and I start it, then I pull out of the driveway, speeding to his place. When I get there, I knock on the door and I wait for an answer. The door opens to reveal someone who's not Elijah.

"Is Elijah here?" I ask.

He looks me up and down and licks his lips.

"My face is up here." I say, leaning over to catch his gaze.

"Yeah, he's here. Why?" he says with a bit of an attitude.

"He told me to come see him here."

"Who's at the door, Cayson?" I hear a deep voice come.

"Some chick. Says you wanted her to come here." he replies back, still checking me out.

I hear footsteps approaching the door and a hand pushes 'Cayson' out of the way.

There he is. Elijah Moreno.

He analyzes me and looks at me with a look of boredom on his face.

"You're Layla, right?" he says plainly.

"It's Leilah." I snap back, correcting him.

He shrugs his shoulders and opens the door wider. I walk into a huge mansion, the staircase twirling up the house onto different floors.

"You'll be packing your things and coming to live here with me during your pregnancy. I expect for this to happen tomorrow- not a moment before or later."

"What? Living with you?" I say, my heart pounding.

"Of course." he says with a shrug.

"I barely know you." I retort.

"Yet you decided to carry my kid." he says with a devious smirk.

I scoff and he looks me up and down.

"No." I say.

His eyes snap up to meet mine. "What?" he says.

"No." I repeat a bit louder.

"There's no other choice. I'm not going to argue about this. If you won't come by will, I'll take you by force. Have a nice day." he says, turning around and going upstairs. "Get her room ready, Mary." he demands, making her scurry to work.

I narrow my eyes at him as he walks upstairs.

"He's such an asshole." I sneer.

"Excuse my brother, he's stressed about.... work." Cayson says behind me.

As I watch him walk upstairs, I reply.

"He's a dick."

"My thoughts exactly. But he meant what he said." he says with a grin.

"What?" I say, turning around and crossing my arms, looking at him.

"He'll actually track you down and drag you back here if you don't come."

"Track me? What the hell?"

"Comes with the perks of the business."

I look from him and then up the staircase.

Shit.

----
i got excited to start writing something new. enjoy my book! i hope you like it so far!

lovely reading!

MR. MORENO'S SURROGATE ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara