o n e

a/n zayn is 21.

Zayn Malik always had a plain life. he always wore the same thing to work, always ate at Applebee's for lunch and always watched the Simpsons on Sunday at six.

he had a same life, the kind where you repeat the same plain actions day in and day out- but don't get me wrong, he loved it. to some, such as myself, living such a plain life would grow tiring and the routine would drive me inside. however, he loved knowing that when he turned on the remote the familiar chords of the old-age cartoon theme song would fill his ears.

he always had a same life, even though he never realized it.

until one day, that is...

-one year earlier-

Zayn Malik stepped up in the line at the cash register at the odd corner shop down the road. in his hands he held several containers of pasta sauce and a package of plastic knives he found in the sale section.

when he reached the register, he paid for his items and on his way out the door he noticed a group of teenagers, two girls and a boy, standing behind a booth. the sign above read: "donate for st.mary's cathedral repairs!" he sighed.

the children running the booth, although just a few short years younger than him, showed no sign of remorse for the disaster that was St.Marys post-winter.

back in Minnesota, winters were harsh and tore apart the city. in a way however, the harsh weather brought everyone together in a tight-knit community.

those who were fortunate enough to be young and healthy shoveled the streets and those where were growing old remained inside, shielded from the dangers of the cold, knitting scarves for the children and the less-fortunate.

the cathedral took it hard and the snow seemed to stick to the roof. there was some sort of issue that zayn didn't quite understand, and the snow built up to the point where the roof collapsed.

anyhow, I'm getting sidetracked. zayn walked up to the booth to donate and pulled out a 50 dollar bill. the boy at the booth's eyes widened as he took it and he handed me a blue raffle ticket.

attached was a pamphlet explaining. apparently because zayn donated over $20 he was entered in a raffle to win a free trip for 2 on a cruise. the winning ticket would be drawn Sunday at 6:30, right after his show. he signed a paper with his phone number and name and the boy put it in a fishbowl containing what must've been 1000

he shrugged, shoving the ticket in his pocket.

how do you like it?? also, this is a version of zayn with a clean shaven face and no tattoos ;)

love:)
Maeve