“I… I can’t talk about it now.” She shook her head finding it hard to breathe.

Aarohi nodded and turned away from her.

“I’ll see you  in the club in a bit.”

“I’ll be right there,” she said, fighting the need to fall to the floor and cry.

She hated him for lying to her, keeping her in the dark, but there was no denying her undying love for him.

The baby shower, a unique one that was hosted at a night club, was at full swing with cheese and wine being passed around as the guests played the games.

 The men at the party toyed around with the diapers that were smeared with a mix of peanut butter and chocolate syrup to create the visual of a dirty diaper.

The game required the participants to eat as much as they could off of a diaper, and the women moaned with every lick while the men mewled and gagged with every lick of the sweet mixture that looked like baby poop.

Akshara had a smile on her face, but the joy never reached her eyes. She looked around the room to ensure the entire group was having a good time with the games, and she froze when her eyes locked with those she had longed to see all night.

She moved her eyes away quickly, so he didn’t know she had seen him. She turned away from him to hide the sudden excitement she felt at the sight of him.

Was he really there? Or did she imagine him?

Akshara knew he would have joined the group of friends who had gathered for the shower if he were really present.

Now, her mind was teaming up with her heart to play tricks on her.

Just as she calmed herself down, telling herself it was her imagination that she saw him in the dark corner of the club looking at her, observing her for a long time, she heard a squeal, and the room exploded with energy.

“Harsh, you made it,” some of the female guests called out, and she knew she had not imagined him.

He was, in fact, in the dark corner observing her. Did he see how unhappy she looked all evening?

She slowly turned to look in his direction, one hand on the edge of the bar counter to keep her steady. She saw him hug his sister before planting a kiss on the top of her head and smile at her.

Her stomach twisted into a knot at the memory of  how his eyes sparkled when he had kissed her.

If looking at him was torturous, she had no idea what to say about the next hour as she watched him dance with every other woman at the party.

 Movie actresses, models, and other celebrities who were friends of the Birla’s who attended the party suddenly started to feel like her hard-core enemies.

Why did she care if he danced with other women?

Rage swarmed her when she saw one of the women run her hand over his chest as they danced, and all she could think of doing was to scream on top of her lungs he is mine.

She cursed under her breath before walking over to one of her senior staff to tell them that she was going to be in her office.

She could not bear to watch him enjoy his life like nothing happened.

What do you expect him to do when you have shut him down? How long do you want him to beg you? He has moved on.

The inner voice that spoke those words made her weak in her knees and caused a wave of unrecognized and unplaced anger to pass through her. What was she angry about? She didn’t know what she wanted?

ABHIRA : HER UNDERCOVER BOSSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें