What would have been a fifty-minute walk was only a fifteen-minute drive because of Alex. I honestly wished it would be longer just so I could hold him for longer.

"This is it right?" He said stopping in front of my house.

"Yep," I loosened my grip from his waist after realizing how tightly I was holding onto him.

"See it wasn't that scary," he smiled.

He stopped the bike and put one foot on the ground balancing the motorcycle so I could safely get off first.  

"Thank you again," I said as I got off.

"You need to stop thanking me so much," He joked.

"I don't think I can. If anything I haven't thanked you enough yet," I joked back.

"You really have. Anyways see you round I hope. Or at school maybe?" 

"Yea of course. Bye. Be safe," I said walking towards my front door. I felt like I needed to say more but the words were stuck in my throat.

"Night," he waved as he turned around and turned on the bike.

Before I could stay anything else from my front door he was already driving off.

I slowly opened the door hoping to not wake my parents up. As I closed the door I realized that I was still wearing his jacket and had forgotten to return it. I also hadn't asked for his number. I wish he had asked for mine.

As I took my shoes off and plopped myself on the bed I couldn't stop thinking of him. The way his long hair framed his face or how he somehow managed to pull off that effortlessly scruffy look and make it look good. I took his jacket off and put it on my chair so I wouldn't forget to give it to him. As I lay in bed trying to fall asleep my eyes kept looking back at the jacket, almost as if they were guarding it. Hoping that it wouldn't disappear. Hoping that it was real. Hoping that what happened last night was real. I did end up somehow falling asleep.

                                                                                      ***

I woke up to the sun shining right in my face. My new room did have curtains that the original owner had left behind but they were very thin and didn't do much. I really needed to get new ones. I also needed to organize all the books and clothes that were all over my room. My nightstand was just two paint cans and a large piece of wood I had found. I was supposed to paint my new room but kept putting it off. Procrastination was my specialty. I had almost forgotten about what had happened last night until I saw Alex's jacket on my chair.

"Oh yea...him." I muttered as I stretched and got up. And he was the only thing on my mind again. Great.

I brushed my teeth and showered to get last night's smell off of me. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 9 am. I had gotten home at 12ish last night. Good thing I had no school today.

As I walked down for breakfast my mom was already awake and sitting down eating breakfast.

"Hey hun. You called me quite a few times last night. Sorry I didn't pick up I had way too much to drink and had taken quite a few of those sleeping pills," she said sipping coffee out of her mug.

"Oh. I was calling so you could pick me up."

"Why were you not having fun? I thought you said that girl from math had invited you to hang out?" she asked looking concerned. "Did something go wrong?"

"I'm fine. She didn't end up showing," I shrugged.

"Oh no, that's terrible. How did you get home?"

"Some boy I met drove me home," I said. I was nervous about how my mom would react to letting a probably slightly drunk guy at a party drive me home.