RAVEN

19 years ago

Y/n pov

I looked at reaper who was laid on lap and I was curled up next to a small fire. My stomach growled I groaned put my hand on my stomach. I need to find something. I was about to get up but I heard horses. I covered the fire and ran over to my horse with reaper in my arms.

I got on and rode away. I could hear them following me. I cried again scared that they was going to get me. One of them shot my shoulder with an arrow.

Now

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door. "Fuck off" I shouted pulling my blanket over me. I heard a chuckle and the door open. I looked over to see Geralt. "fuck off is located that way" I said pointing to the door.

"I forgot your not a morning person" he said and I just groaned. Reaper then jumped on me.

"Ok I'm up" I said getting out of bed and stretching. Geralt chuckled and then looked at my neck. "It's rude to stare" I said

He blushed and I laughed "it's just so rare for vampires these days" he said and I looked at him.

"It was a a rouge vampire normally they stay as far away as they can from people but this one was crazy" I said putting on a shirt.

"What do you mean crazy" he asked and I sighed walking out the room.

"Can you ask my questions after I get something to eat and drink" I said walking into the hall. Geralt didn't say anything just followed after me.

"Y/n this came for you" vesemir said passing me a note and a raven.

"Odd the only reason I get notes is to tell me I have been sentenced to death" I said and Luka laughed. I opened the note and read it.

Dear Y/n

I know that you are taking a break for winter this year but you are needed the humans are getting worse we don't think we will make it through winter. Please we need your help.

Your good friend
Quin

I groaned and stroked the bird. "I need to go" I said. Luka frowned and Gerlat looked disappointed.

"But y/n your on your break" Luka said and I sighed walking out the hall. I could hear someone following me.

"Y/n" Gerlat said and I turned around. Reaper sat down and I looked at him.

"Geralt this is important and can't wait" I said holding the note in my hand. He looked at it then back at me.

"Then let me come with you, I don't want to be stuck here with a drunk Luka" he said and I chuckled.

"Fine but im leaving in an hour" I said and he nodded. I walked into my room and started packing my bags.

Reaper whined and I patted his head "I know buddy but Quin needs us" I said and threw my bag over my shoulder and walked out my room

1 hour later

I was now sat on my horse sandy waiting for Geralt. "I thought you was leaving in a hour" someone said and I looked behind me to see Geralt on roach.

"I was but I thought I would be nice and wait for you" I said and he chuckled. I was about to leave when Luka ran over to us.

"Don't be a stranger both of you" he said and I nodded riding away. I looked down to see reaper was following us.

"So where are we off to" Geralt said and I glanced at him then back at the road.

"Last year I went into the vampire territory they needed my help with a rouge vampire, I killed it but while I was there I made friends with the vamps and now there having trouble with human hunter" I said and Geralt growled.

"So what are you going to do" he said and I looked down.

"What I have to do to protect my friends" I said looking over at him and he nodded.

"I understand" he said and I smiled then slowed down a little. Gerlat looked at me and I looked back on the road.

"What" I said still looking forward but could still feel his eyes on me.

"Nothing, have you found the men that killed your parents" he asked and my whole body tensed up. I cleared my throat and looked at him.

"No but I have been busy with other things" I said and he nodded the looked back at the road. There was an awkward silence, I wanted to say something.

"Wheres the nearest town" he asked and I glanced at him again. I let out a small sigh trying to remember where it would be.

"We should be there in about 15 minutes I know someone there who will give us a room" I said and he sighed.

"How many people do you know Y/n" he asked and I smirked.

"A few" I said then raced off. I heard him chuckle and chase after me.