Episode 2: NYC LARPERS

Start from the beginning

"I bet you end up loving it!" Kate chuckled, looking at Clint's unimpressed expression.

"What do you do with this?" He looked at the scroll.

"That’s what you live by."

He looked at them both, bewildered, "Okay. Thank you."

"Wait, wait, wait, your armaments," she reminded him, clearing her throat, "Helmet."

Bucky and Sam wheezed with amusement at Clint's face.

"I mean, do I have to?" Clint whined. He sighed as they nodded in return.

Clint sighed and hung his head down low.

Steve patted him on the back encouragingly.

He marched through the crowds of role playing fighters; dodging and poking people with his sword. With one fatal swoop he knocked down a group of fighters. A slo-mo of Clint swinging his sword and getting sprayed in the face with snow went on the screen.

"Goodness!" He exclaimed as a woman fell in front of him.

Bucky, Sam and Tony burst out laughing, their eyes watering in amusement.

Clint closed his eyes in shame as Nat laughed in her hand, not able to hold it in.

Everyone (minus Clint) smiled at the screen.

"Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa. I’m a Viking. I’m really a Viking!" Grills insisted as he came face to face with Clint.

"I don’t care."

"Wait a minute. Aren’t you Hawkeye?" He questioned, lowering his mask.

"I’m not trying to cause a scene here, all right?" Clint explained, "Out of respect to whatever the hell this is, but I’m plumb out of patience. You got two choices. I could take this pretend-sword and you pretend to die and I take that suit, or I’m gonna real punch you and you’re gonna real fall down and I’m gonna take that suit."

T'Challa chuckled at Clint's dry humour. 

Grills leaned forward and whispered, "Just let me kill you. And I’ll give you the suit."

Clint stared defiantly, "...No."

Kate rolled her eyes.

"Come on, man. You’re a superhero in real life. This is as close as I’m ever gonna get to being one. Just work with me. Let me kill you."

"Aw I like Grills," Kate announced, smiling at the screen.

"Me too," Thor nodded, crossing his arms.

"And I fought Thanos," he sighed, "Okay."

"Hahah."

"All right, cool!"

Clint walked towards Grills and bent over, his hands on his knees, "Just make it quick."

Everyone laughed heartily at this as Clint hid his face in his hands.

"Barton! You're killing me!" Tony wheezed, his hand over his chest.

"What? No, you gotta make it look real. We gotta have trial by combat."

"Oh yeah, this is gonna be good," Sam grinned widely.

The scene changed to Kate texting Clint:

-"miss me yet."
-"don't pretend to be busy with your friends."
-"we both know that you don't have any."

"Ha!" Nat, Shuri, MJ and Tony chortled at the insult.