Imprisoned (Part 2)

A/N: Surprise! A very early update. I had a lot of unexpected free time this morning and I just couldn't wait to publish it, so here we are! This is a direct continuation of the previous chapter, by the way. Feedback is always welcomed (no, seriously, leave a comment. It's a little disappointing when 10 people have read your book but you don't know what they think of it).

Warning: Boboiboy Movie 2 spoilers.

***

Halilintar, Taufan and Duri.

Three people Solar had just witnessed being tortured by Retak'ka. (And by him, too, through his powers. It was his fault as well.)

Now they were right here, in front of his eyes. The horrific vision of a few moments ago still fresh in his mind, he stood stock-still, gaping, not quite believing his senses.

When the three stirring figures did not vanish into thin air, Solar choked out a cry and launched himself at them.

"Wha-?" Duri's groggy question was abruptly cut off as Solar hugged him tightly, sobbing, "Solar?!"

Solar only squeezed Duri tighter. (Their friends often joked that Solar, for all his intelligence, didn't know how to act like the youngest brother he was. If they saw him now, desperately clinging onto his elder twin, they'd change their minds in a heartbeat.)

Next to them, Taufan blinked sleepily, "Huh? What? Whassgoingon?"

Still sobbing, Solar detached himself from his twin to throw his arms around Taufan instead. The wind element's reaction was very much the same as Duri's. (Under normal circumstances, Solar might have felt rather amused.)

As he rested his head on Taufan's shoulder, Solar's eyes landed on Halilintar, who was pushing himself up, putting a hand to his head and wincing slightly as he did. Usually Solar would never dream of embracing his rival - Hali would never let him live it down - but right now, as the memory of the normally proud boy pleading replayed itself in his mind, he couldn't care less.

Hali choked out something unintelligible as arms wrapped around his waist, automatically raising a hand to pat the other's back as he often had to do with Taufan (on Gempa's orders, of course).

Solar ignored the spluttering as the tears finally dried and a small smile appeared on his lips. All that mattered at the moment was that at least three of his brothers were with him once again.

The evil in the room didn't seem quite as unbearable anymore.

***

A/N: Kinda short, I know. Maybe I'll continue, maybe I won't. I already have ideas for a continuation, but who knows, it might be better to stop it here and start anew (I mean, this is a one-shot book). What do you think?

Edit (20/7/22): Oh lord I sounded so cringy back then-- I'm going to keep the notes as-is to show progress and all that, but know that I am grimacing as I reread them.

Lola, signing off!