six | uncomfortable situation

-SIX-

Ophelia kneed Jack in the stomach and slid behind him as he bent over in pain. She was about to break his arm, when Eleanor Bishop exclaimed, "What the hell is going on? And why is there an Avenger in my dining room, plus a total stranger?"

Ophelia released Jack from her fatal grip and held a hand out for Eleanor to shake, "The name's Ophelia Moonshadow. Pleasure to meet you, Miss Bishop."

"I'm afraid I can't say the same for you." Eleanor replied, gesturing to the still wheezing Jack.

"In my defense, he tried to kill my friend." Ophelia let go of the firm handshake she had given the woman and stepped back.

"Hi." Clint awkwardly said.

"Oh my god. You're--You're Archer!" Jack exclaimed, with want for a better word.

"Well, Hakweye." Ophelia corrected.

"Clint." Kate added.

"It’s the branding issue, I’m telling you." Kate whispered.

Ophelia rolled her eyes and thought, 'Jeez you really like her?' She paused for a moment and replied to herself, 'Yes. Yes I do.'

--Time Skip--

Ophelia sat next to Clint and Kate, watching while the black-haired woman covered up their tracks and explained their presence to Eleanor.

"Hawkeye and I are working on a case, and we needed to use the bathroom. He did. So, we were by the house, we dropped in. No big deal." Kate said, trying her best.

"If it's only you and Hawkeye, why is she here?" Eleanor pointed at Ophelia, who was sipping her coffee.

"Her? Oh she's just tagging along." Kate brushed it off.

"Does saving your life multiple times count as tagging along?" The huntress spat out the word.

"Working on a case together?" Eleanor's voice was humorless, "How terrific."

"He’s my partner, she is...a pain." Kate glared at Ophelia, who draped one leg over the other and tilted her head, smirking devilishly.

"We're not partners." Clint scowled.

"But," Ophelia's thin lips twisted into a small grin, "She got the part of I'm a pain quite right." Eleanor looked at her in bafflement. "I do enjoy pushing her buttons."

"Yes we can all see that..." Kate muttered, looking the other way.

"Well, we’re friends-slash-partners." She directed her statement to Clint.

"I wouldn’t really describe us as friends." He argued.

Eleanor's phone suddenly chimed, making everyone look at the small object in her hand.

"Someone," She looked at Kate, "Used my laptop to sign onto my work account ten minutes ago. Any thoughts, Kate?" She then looked at Clint with a look mothers used when they were catching a lie, "Hawkeye?"

"You’ll never get anything outta him. See, CB-One has trouble opening up." Kate pushed in.

"Oh good lord--" Ophelia ran her hand through her hair, which was neatly pulled into a ponytail.

"Nobody calls me CB-One." Clint blandly replied.

"I’m just tryin’ it out for a second." Kate muttered. She looked at her mother, "Probably some early childhood thing. He thinks he doesn’t tell me much, but he ends up telling me all of it."